Neuron is the fastest growing micromobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron has launched an impressive range of firsts, starting the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them.
Our e-scooters currently operate in six cities across the ANZ market (including QLD, ACT, SA, NT and NZ) and we have exciting, big plans to expand into Victoria soon. Outside of ANZ, we have also recently launched our first city in the UK and are continuously looking at other expansion opportunities around the world.
Reporting to the Head of Communications in Singapore, the AU Communications and Community Relations Manager will support Regional and City Managers in ANZ on media, community relations and partnership related projects. Interacting with our Australian PR agency, the role will be tasked with helping to create a positive narrative in our ANZ operations whilst also identifying and developing allies. Ideally based in our Melbourne office working within a small, creative and fun team, the Communications and Community Relations Manager will also have close links into Neuron’s HQ in Singapore.
What you’ll do:
- Help develop and execute communication strategies and initiatives highlighting the benefits that Neuron’s e-scooter programmes can deliver to cities in ANZ.
- Demonstrate our successful partnerships with councils, highlight our focus on safety, and our technology leadership - all to enhance the reputation of Neuron.
- Write, localise and edit a range of external communications materials, including press material, in-app messages and letters to riders and other important stakeholders.
- Help manage and develop our existing third-party partnerships and identify other opportunities with industry associations, national bodies and important city stakeholders.
- Field local inbound media enquiries and advise internally of the opportunities and risks for undertaking certain activities.
- Support the regional managers with media engagements, but also serve as a spokesperson on regular rider education and safety-related events.
- Drive positive content through our ANZ social media channels.
- Act as a key member of the ANZ crisis team.
What you'll need:
- 4-5 years experience working communications experience in a national or international company
- A degree or other qualification in communications and/or marketing.
- Strong digital communications experience, including social media management.
- Hands-on experience of project managing the production of creative content, such as simple videos, photos, infographics. A good knowledge of Photoshop is also appreciated.
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently with a great eye for detail - must be a doer as well as a delegator.
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- A driven team player who likes to work hard, but is also able to have fun.
Make It Happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!
Neuron Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all employment decisions including recruitment, appointment and promotion decisions on the basis of business needs, individual qualifications, and merit.
The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are dedicated to the continued personal and professional growth of our employees. We protect all of our employees regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social origin, physical and mental disability, religion or belief, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status and any other status recognised and protected by the law and regulations of where we operate.