Neuron is the fastest growing micromobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron started the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in six cities in the ANZ market and have recently also launched in the UK.
This is a 6 month temporary/contract role that reporting into our General Counsel through the duration of the contract. The Legal Counsel will help ensure that Neuron is in compliance with local and national guidelines in the various locations in which we operate and will offer sound legal advice to the business in all relevant issues.
What you’ll do:
- Provide both day-to-day and strategic legal support to country-level markets and regional projects.
- Evaluate varied legal and regulatory issues to provide high quality and pragmatic legal advice supporting business growth in China, South Korea, ANZ, UK, Singapore and beyond.
- Draft and negotiate all required commercial contracts including partnership agreements, employment and subcontractor agreements, on-line terms and conditions, purchase agreements and NDAs.
- Advise on data privacy and protection issues across multiple markets (including GDPR) and contribute to fostering a culture of privacy-by-design.
- Proactively manage risks as they arise, with the ability to self-manage and prioritise.
- Engage and manage local external legal advisors in existing and upcoming markets of operations to interpret and apply multi-jurisdictional advice.
- Provide support on product safety, insurance and claims-related matters.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from Engineering, Software, Product, Brand, Customer Service, Communications and other business teams.
- Learn from senior colleagues in a dynamic growth environment while managing emerging risks in an exciting new industry.
What you'll need:
- Law degree from an accredited law school and practicing certificate from a recognised jurisdiction. Experience of practice in mainland China and/or South Korea will be highly regarded.
- 4-8 years professional legal experience including some in-house with MNCs or reputable start-ups.
- Legal experience in some or all of the following areas: corporate and commercial, data privacy, insurance, or commercial litigation.
- Curiosity and ambition with a keen interest in shared mobility and a can-do attitude.
- Adaptable and detail-oriented with strong work ethic and organisational skills and the ability to handle different work streams under time constraints.
Make It Happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do More With Less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!