Neuron is the fastest growing micro-mobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron started the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in eight locations including Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin and Auckland and will soon be expanding to the UK.
These are Neuron’s Values:
Make it happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust facts over opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do more with less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
You will report to the CTO and have the opportunity to be involved in complex, business-critical data infrastructure projects that will support the scalability of the organization globally.
What you'll do:
- Design and enhance data infrastructure using frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark or data warehouse products such as BigQuery or Redshift
- Architect data models and design reliable data pipelines that will efficiently move data to our data lake
- Design and develop new systems and tools that will enable teams to utilize, understand and process data at faster speeds
- Work closely with business stakeholders to share data-driven insights
- Translate data-speak to human-speak by effectively conceptualizing analysis to understand user behaviour and help define new product features
What you'll need:
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Information System, or related STEM field
- Proficient in these programming languages: Python (preferred), Java, Scala
- Experience in large scale data processing using Pandas or Spark
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with machine learning framework (scikit-learn, Spark MLlib) is a plus
- Self-motivated, independent learner, and a passion for data and technology
- Understanding of mobility or geo-spatial solutions is a big plus
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you!
*Neuron Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all employment decisions including recruitment, appointment and promotion decisions on the basis of business needs, individual qualifications, and merit.
The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are dedicated to the continued personal and professional growth of our employees. We protect all of our employees regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social origin, physical and mental disability, religion or belief, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status and any other status recognised and protected by the law and regulations of where we operate.