Neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom and more recently Korea. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world’s first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016, and the first shared e-scooter programme in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in twelve locations across the ANZ, three in the United Kingdom and recently launched in Seoul, Korea.
You will report to the CTO and have the opportunity to be involved in complex, business-critical data infrastructure projects that will support the scalability of the organization globally.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and enhance data infrastructure using frameworks and cutting edge big data tools to provide requested capabilities
- Architect data models and design reliable data pipelines that will efficiently move data in a fast and robust manner.
- Design and develop new scalable systems and tools that will enable teams to utilize, understand and process data at faster speeds
- Work closely with business stakeholders to share data-driven insights
- Implementing and promoting governance processes for information to ensure the establishment of a common language and the ongoing accuracy
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Information System, or related STEM field
- Proficient in these programming languages: Python (preferred), Java, Scala
- Experience in large scale data processing using Pandas or Spark
- Experience with AWS ecosystem is a plus
- Experience with streaming data ETL and analytics is a plus
- Ability to communicate in Chinese to effectively interact with the back-end engineering team in China
- Self-motivated, independent learner, and a passion for data and technology
- Experience with streaming analytics is a big plus
- Understanding of mobility or geo-spatial solutions is a big plus
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to follow through. Continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things, for yourself, your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly, using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
Ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.
Do More With Less
Both time and resources are finite. Balance your priorities and think strategically about how you can maximise your impact and the return on investment of your resources.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!