Neuron is the fastest growing micro-mobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron started the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety. We currently operate in eight locations including Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin and Auckland and will soon be expanding to the UK.
These are Neuron’s Values:
Make it happen
We are driven by results, make commitments with integrity, and consistently make an impact.
We take ownership of tasks that help us build sustainable growth.
Trust facts over opinions
Whenever possible, we make the logical choice based on data and known truths.
We embrace the habit of asking questions, challenging assumptions, and revisiting convictions.
Do more with less
Profit allows us to continue serving our users. We must be efficient and resourceful.
You will report to the Head of Finance and have the opportunity to be involved in key strategic business-impacting decisions for the Finance function. You will manage financial operations for new markets, collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders and lead and execute internal projects.
What you'll do:
- Manage day-to-day financial operations including payables, payroll, taxation and regulatory reporting
- Manage year-end audit and regulatory processes
- Prepare and maintain monthly management reports and financial accounts
- Perform month-end reconciliation and analysis, including but not limited to fixed assets and bank statements
- Present financial summary and business insights to senior management and external investors
- Support expansion into new markets from a Finance perspective
- Champion and lead an ERP implementation and other continuous process improvement initiatives across Finance and other functions, requiring regular interaction with various internal and external stakeholders
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or Accounting, CPA or CA preferred
- 5-8 years finance and accounting experience including some in-house with MNCs or reputable start-ups
- Adaptable, strong willingness to learn, and detail oriented with strong work ethic and organisational skills, and ability to handle different work streams under time constraints.
- Comfortable operating in a cross-functional and hyper-growth environment
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Agility to apply financing and accounting know-how to a dynamic mobility start-up
- Experience with ERP roll-out a plus
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you!
*Neuron Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all employment decisions including recruitment, appointment and promotion decisions on the basis of business needs, individual qualifications, and merit.
The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are dedicated to the continued personal and professional growth of our employees. We protect all of our employees regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social origin, physical and mental disability, religion or belief, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status and any other status recognised and protected by the law and regulations of where we operate.