We are creating the future of brain-computer interfaces: building devices now that have the potential to help people with paralysis regain mobility and independence and invent new technologies that could expand our abilities, our community, and our world.
For Neuralink's Technical Infrastructure team, the corporate environment is production. It is where our groundbreaking research and development takes place and hosts our assembly lines, neural recording training and processing, and many other functions. The team builds critical systems & processes which safely accelerate our progress along the company's critical path.
IT Systems Engineers set the bar for technical leadership and customer service at Neuralink, and help identify the most impactful projects to prioritize the team's roadmap. They regularly span the entire work environment stack, from the physical hardware the company runs on to custom tooling built to facilitate neural recordings and scalable cloud services powering many of our critical functions. IT Systems Engineers identify, build, and deploy open source, off-the-shelf, or custom-built solutions which meet our demanding requirements.
Neuralink has a diverse user base, from highly technically-proficient engineers to non-technical scientists and doctors. Still, they all need solid systems, rugged networking, and bullet-proof software to do their jobs. IT Systems Engineers thrive by proactively finding opportunities for impact, then collaborating to accomplish amazing things.
- Systems administration experience on Linux, macOS, or Windows.
- Strong grasp of core networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, and PXE.
- Strong understanding of on-prem networking solutions and cloud provider networking technologies, such as VPCs, IPsec VPNs, and IAM security policies.
- Applies Security principles to all development and procedures, and able to apply them to day-to-day business operations.
- Can develop tooling and automation with at least one of POSIX sh, bash, python, or another scripting language, for tasks such as end-user asset management or provisioning.
- Flexibility to partner with many teams at Neuralink to design business processes, such as onboarding and offboarding, to accomplish day-to-day tasks with speed and finesse.
- Comfortable operating as a tier-2/3 support resource for challenging technical issues while participating in general IT operations and user support.
- Empathetic and patient, especially when collaborating with non-technical colleagues or mentoring teammates!
- Ability to solve immediate problems while designing and prioritizing systemic solutions.
- Working knowledge of major cryptographic protocols and authentication schemes such as TLS, x509, 802.1x, U2F, SAML, and WebAuthn.
- Experience with multiple enterprise switching, routing, and firewall vendors, such as Fortinet, Cisco, Juniper, Arista, or Palo Alto.
- Experience using IaC tools, CI/CD, and modern cloud-native tooling, such as Terraform, Docker, Packer, Ansible, Cloud-Init, Git, and GitLab CI.
- Experience administering SaaS applications like Azure Active Directory, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom
- Able to build robust automation in a programming language such as python, golang, rust, or similar.
- You find large and small challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but ultimately, you know that what matters is launching a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. They should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
Based on California law, the following details are for California individuals only:
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.