Come be a founding member of the nascent Surgery Reliability & Test Team, responsible for leveling-up surgery test infrastructure and driving continuous technical improvements to surgery. Build whatever is needed to (1) close the gap between mock-surgery testing and real surgery, and (2) enable a high cadence of representative mock-surgery testing to illuminate intermittent failure modes and facilitate rapid process improvement.
- Design a surgical proxy that realistically tests robotic craniectomy R&D
- Design a spinal implant R&D testbed that includes representative physiological motion and micromotion and reads implant health.
- Implement a method for automatically gathering metrics from tests and surgeries (such as step times, tool use data, effect repeatability)
- Build and scale a robust R&D-to-production qualification test paradigm that maximizes test effectiveness while minimizing man hours
- Lead root-cause investigations and update hardware designs as needed to optimize surgery
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering, or equivalent in experience and ability.
- 2+ years of mechanical (or electromechanical, or software/mechanical) engineering industry experience, including owning projects from concept to production.
- It’s OK to include internships and competitive project teams
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles.
- Experience designing/running a test for a complex system.
- Experience interfacing with sensors, motors, etc
- Software competency, for running tests / analyzing data / integrating dashboards
- Experience with conventional machining and rapid prototyping technologies.
Based on California law, the following details are for California individuals only:
California base salary range: $110,000 - $166,989 and eligible for equity and benefits.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.