Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-computer interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Neuralink is seeking an exceptional Study Director to join our Preclinical Research team. In this role, you will interact with Neuralink’s technical teams, as well as senior staff, to ensure that preclinical studies are thoughtfully designed, conducted, and analyzed in order to support regulatory filings that comply with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). The Study Director represents the single point of control for a study, and has overall responsibility for the scientific and technical conduct therein. This role involves frequent collaboration with the Study Sponsor and Study Manager as well as the Pathology, Animal Care, Product, Quality Assurance, and Surgical Operations teams.
You must thrive in an intense, mission-driven, and collaborative environment.
- You are a serious thinker who uses a First Principles approach to identify issues.
- You are organized and can work independently.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy defining and solving them.
- You are motivated and reliable. You deliver high-quality results rapidly and consistently without sacrificing quality.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, and bio-engineers as well as neuroscientists, animal care staff, and company operations teams.
- You are resourceful, flexible, and adaptable.
- You are open to challenging your own assumptions and identifying the best path forward.
- Evidence of exceptional technical depth in neuroscience, biomedical engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of academic or industry experience leading teams and guiding studies.
- Experience working with, or a working knowledge of, medical devices.
- A strong understanding of the scientific method and engineering first principles.
- Demonstrated ability directing and designing studies.
- Exceptional technical writing abilities.
- Natural capacity to communicate cross-functionally between teams and departments.
- Data analysis.
- Experience with, or, an understanding of, GLP and FDA guidelines.
- Experience working alongside engineers.
- Familiarity with project management techniques and tools.
- Coding experience.
The following details are for Texas individuals only:
Texas base salary range: $133,920.00 - $155,664.90 and eligible for equity and benefits.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.