We are providing a Finance & Accounting internship opportunity to join our accounting team. This role will help support a wide range of our financial statement close activities, such as inventory audit, financial statement preparation, other reporting activities, as well as supporting process improvement projects for the Finance and Accounting team.
- Develop and test internal control across the Company
- Perform inventory count of assets
- Assist with period end close procedures
- Assist with financial statement preparation and reporting
- Support the implementation of financial planning and analysis software and budget vs. actual summaries.
- Assist with the preparation of well-structured and comprehensive documentation over our finance and accounting process and procedure
- Build relationships with and support colleagues from other departments on accounting matters and provide insights into their spend.
- A problem-solving, growth-oriented, and agile mindset and a fast learner
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Accountancy, Master of Accountancy, or equivalent program
- Knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards; knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles; and knowledge of management accounting and internal audit
- Strong in business communication and time management skills as well as proficiency in MS Excel, Word and G-suite
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with limited guidance — able to think independently, creatively, and proactively
- Ability in executing in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Master degree candidate is preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Experience working in other technology companies is a plus
- Experience working in other manufacturing is an asset
- Prior Big 4 accounting firm work or internship experience is a plus
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.