Neuralink is seeking a motivated individual for the role of Veterinary Pathologist. You will help carry out in vivo experiments that collect critical safety and biocompatibility data for device development. In addition to working closely with histologists to develop high-throughput processes for slice preparation, detection methods, and data curation, you will provide important feedback to teams across multiple disciplines.
- Large animal necropsy, tissue collection, grossing, and preservation of samples.
- Evaluate and report results in consultation with the study pathologist and director.
- Document findings on appropriate necropsy forms following standard GDP.
- Oversee GLP studies for FDA data and report submissions.
- Ability to work off hours and weekends.
- Ability to train others in conducting necropsy procedures.
- Making sure every recorded observation is attributable, legible, contemporaneous, original, and accurate.
- Participating in feedback and coordinating with other departments that are under the same study protocol.
- Comfortable in performing all necessary procedures under a regulated GLP environment with the potential of being audited by QA and/or inspected by the FDA.
- 1+ years of conducting large animal necropsies in an industrial and/or preclinical setting.
- Carry a working knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to carry out and document experiments consistently, according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Capacity to work in a streamlined fashion with a team in a dynamic environment.
- Doctoral degree (DVM/VMD) from an accredited veterinary school, or acceptable international equivalent in veterinary medicine.
- Board certified in Anatomic Pathology (ACVP, ECVP, or equivalent) with a minimum basic understanding of neuroanatomy.
- Experience working in a GLP setting.
- Experience with animal necropsy, tissue handling, and grossing.
- Experience in identifying gross abnormalities in tissue samples and organs.
- 3+ years of laboratory experience.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.