Neuralink is seeking motivated full time Advanced Practice Provider (NP/PA) who thrives working in a fast-paced research environment and work closely with a multidisciplinary team to enhance the competencies of individual employees while ensuring occupational safety using first principles thinking that will boost employees workplace performance in alliance with the critical path. Staff in this role will be responsible for performing Occupational Health Care Management processes which assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options, services, and Employee Health programs required to meet an individual's health needs, using communication and available resources to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering an effective Occupational Health & Safety program through the incorporation of expert knowledge and application of functional techniques into employees' work behavior.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Provide on-site treatment and management of injuries within scope of practice, assisting to minimize the need for off-site medical treatment
- Provide preventative health education as needed
- Give on-site care, first aid and follow up to occupationally injured/ill workers
- Ongoing communication with the treating physician or other advanced practice clinicians regarding employee clinical status
- Manage open Workers’ Comp cases as needed
- Ordering, interpreting and evaluating laboratory and diagnostic data
- Obtains and maintains accurate and complete medical records on employees and provide reports to management as applicable
- Manages the Bloodborne Pathogens Program, including – annual review, HBV declination/series completions, manage potential exposure cases, coordinate disposal of contaminated materials
- May perform medical testing including but limited to TB tests, potential Herpes B exposures, blood draws, immunizations, vision tests, hearing tests, respirator fit tests and medical evaluations
- May perform First Aid, CPR, AED and other training as necessary
- May travel between California and Texas sites
- 2 years of experience or more working in an occupational health setting as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Nursing or in Physician Assistant Studies required
- Unrestricted and active State of California Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License
- Current CA DEA certificate
- Knowledge of California Workers Compensation, OSHA regulations, workplace health and safety concepts
- DOT Certified PA with experience in workers compensation
- Telehealth experience
- Infectious or communicable disease experience or training
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications required
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software.
- A dedicated team player who thrives in a fast-paced team-focused environment.
The following details are for Texas individuals only:
Texas base salary range: $121,500 - $141,075 and eligible for equity and benefits.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.