As an Engineering Technician at Neuralink, you will manufacture our surgical robot’s needle cartridge which is used to insert the electrodes of our brain-computer interface device. Manufacturing the needle cartridge involves working with lasers, digital optics, lenses, sonication machines, welding machines, and pressurized air/gasses.
You’ll work alongside the robotics mechanical engineering team to tackle mission-critical projects that transform our R&D process into a high-quality rapid production environment. You'll drive efforts like troubleshooting, automating, data analysis, process improvement, and designing/building new fixtures.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists.
- You are an excellent communicator, and you don’t let ego get in the way of arriving at the best solution.
- Desire to work reliably with small and delicate assemblies where precision is critical.
- Solid understanding of basic physics and chemistry fundamentals.
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Qualification and Acceptance Testing.
- Experience with production tools and best practices, such as work orders, issue tracking, inventory, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma.
- Experience in a cleanroom environment.
Based on California law, the following details are for California individuals only:
California base salary range: $75,000.00 - $88,405.00 and eligible for equity and benefits.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Neuralink values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.