Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Seeking an experienced, dedicated, and well-organized Head of Construction to join our Facilities team working in Austin, TX and Fremont, CA. This position will require someone who is adaptable and flexible in a changing environment and who is passionate about delivering high quality results in a fast-paced positive environment.
The Head of Construction will work closely with members of the facilities and procurement departments and supervise all on-site construction including scheduling of trade contractors, utility, structure and vendor tool installations, resolving day to day construction issues, performing day to day inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications while tracking project schedule and budget.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- Coordinate and supervise all on-site construction activities
- Develop execution plans/schedules
- Ensure frequent communication with key project individuals, job site personnel and Project Manager
- Drive the project schedule and elevate construction issues to management
- Develop and communicate logistics and other operational plans necessary
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing the applicable state and OSHA regulations
- Schedule and lead quality control and site safety inspections
- Understand project plans and specifications
- Work with tool vendors as needed to facilitate successful project completion
- Track and receive material deliveries and resolve delivery discrepancies
- Perform daily and weekly site progress reports
- Direct work in field, track changes, etc. both individually and leading or participating in a larger team
- Develop templates and standards for future phases/projects
- Maintain an organized and clean job site. Including contractor trailers, fabrication areas and stored materials/equipment
- Interact with third party inspection personnel and City/State/County inspectors
- Supervise on-site laborers
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (MS preferred) or evidence of exceptional ability
- Previous experience as a Construction Lead on industrial facility construction, Brownfield construction, building renovation or tenant improvement project(s)
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals
- Experience with design-build projects
- OSHA 30 certification, current First Aid and CPR Certification, or be willing to be certified
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards and environmental regulations
- Understanding of construction design documents and ability to provide constructability feedback prior to and during construction
- Computer literacy with G-Suite products, office email system, scheduling tool knowledge
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 30%
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- 401(k) plan.
- Stock options.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.
Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.