At Neumora, we are pushing the boundaries of science and technology to revolutionize the way patients with brain disease are treated. We are seeking extraordinary individuals to join our team as we grow and advance our pipeline.
We are seeking a Senior Medical Director to provide oversight of the medical and scientific aspects of Neumora clinical studies who will work closely with counterparts in clinical operations and statistics in ensuring high quality study conduct. In addition, this individual will interact cross-functionally with discovery, biology, toxicology, translational and data science groups to provide medical insights and promote integration of precision medicine strategies in Neumora’s development programs.
- Provide clinical development and medical leadership/oversight of clinical programs to ensure timely delivery of clinical deliverables.
- Ensure clinical programs support patient safety and to provide oversight of patient safety in clinical studies.
- As the primary medical expert for assigned studies, be the first point of contact internal and externally for questions regarding the study (e.g. eligibility, enrollment; safety and patient management). Monitor study progress to ensure proper study conduct and adherence to the protocol, lead data review, evaluation, and analyses with support from the cross functional team. Take a key role in the authoring of critical study documents (e.g., CSR, IB, protocol synopsis).
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of data generated internally or externally and present study updates, interim results, and final headline data to senior management as required
- Provide medical input and contribute to the clinical development sections of regulatory documents such as IND, CIOMS, DSUR, Dossiers, and contributing to responses to regulatory agencies regarding questions about complex clinical development issues (e.g., safety or efficacy)
- Contribute to the cross functional development of clinical development plans (CDPs) that integrate pre-clinical, early clinical findings and data sciences approaches - working to ensure cross-functional alignment on an ongoing basis throughout the phases of clinical development.
- Collaborate with teams on the development of translational and precision phenotyping strategies and contribute to the design of scientifically rigorous clinical development studies and programs utilizing a data biopsy signature/precision phenotype approach. Ensuring that teams appreciate the clinical relevance and applicability of the approaches considered.
- Identify and engage with external Key Opinion Leaders to address scientific and medical questions relevant to the program.
- Help identify global study sites and foster relationships with study investigators.
- Ensure that Serious Adverse Events are properly reported
- Implement clinical R&D policies, SOPs, and related directives
- As required support any needed due diligence of potential in-licensing drug candidates and/or technologies and present recommendations to leadership as required
- MD / DO required; Ph.D. and/or board certification in psychiatry or neurology preferred
- Neuropsych or Neurodegenerative expereince required
- Active medical license desirable
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Medical Director in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or equivalent with oversight of Phase 2 and 3 studies
- Experience in leading medical and scientific aspects of clinical studies on cross functions teams
- Ability to critically review, analyze and interpret key aspects of clinical study conduct, including research design, methods, outcome measures, is required.
- Phase 1 clinical study experience desirable
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment and with distributed teams; startup experience preferred
- Effective communication skills to enable engaging and influencing diverse stake holders from a variety of professional backgrounds
- Ability to navigate complexity and make risk-based decisions
- Self-starter who can independently lead assigned projects
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence diverse stakeholders from a variety of professional backgrounds
Company benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan: Neumora matches 50% of an employee’s eligible contribution, up to the first 6% of salary (up to 3% employer contribution)
- New hire stock options
- Annual paid time off: 15 accrued vacation days, 10 sick days, 12 holidays plus a winter shut-down
- Leave of Absence: Paid family leave, paid short- and long-term disability
- Discretionary year-end bonus
The salary range posted describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Actual salary may vary based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range: $246,887 - $317,000
Neumora Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded to confront the global brain disease crisis by taking a fundamentally different approach to the way treatments for brain diseases are developed. Our therapeutic pipeline currently consists of multiple clinical and preclinical neuroscience programs that target novel mechanisms of action for a broad range of underserved neuropsychiatric disorders and neurodegenerative diseases. Our work is supported by an integrated suite of translational, clinical, and computational tools to generate insights that can enable precision medicine approaches. Neumora’s mission is to redefine neuroscience drug development by bringing forward the next generation of novel therapies that offer improved treatment outcomes and quality of life for patients suffering from brain diseases.
Neumora is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.