NetSage's mission is to help our customers achieve their missions by providing superior cyber services. We seek talented professionals who are interested in doing meaningful, mission-focused work for the US Federal Government. We are a growing Company that puts our employees first and offers excellent pay and world-class benefits. We do not hire contract by contract; instead, we offer multiple job options and career progression for our employees. We realize that our website and job descriptions may be a little vague and that's on purpose because of the customers we support. Please connect with us using our Contact Us page if you have any questions about any of our job-openings.
We are seeking a Linux System Administrator to join a dynamic team supporting a highly sophisticated infrastructure that enables engaging and cutting-edge training solutions. The candidate will be responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, and Debian administration. This will include design, development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of Linux systems to meet specialized mission needs while ensuring activities are within established policies and procedures. Please consider applying if you have the required qualifications and experience.
- TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or related STEM degree and ten (10) years of experience. In lieu of a degree, at least fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible network systems engineering experience is required.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification and eight (8) years of progressively responsible network systems engineering experience may be used to satisfy the minimum years of experience qualification as well.
- One of the following certification is required: CompTIA Linux +, Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
- One of the following CWIP-compliant certifications at DoD 8570 IAT Level II or IAT Level III is required: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH, or CCSP.
- Ability to implement and administer Unix based systems.
- Experience with system automation and patch management (Red Hat Satellite).
- Ability to perform software installations and upgrades to Linux operating systems and layered software packages.
- Ability to deploy virtual infrastructure servers and networks sufficient to meet requirements.
- Experience with VMWare, VSphere, and VCenter virtualization tools.
- Experience with network security principles, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl).
- Experience using Enterprise Monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Experience with vulnerability management (STIG/CIS compliance).
- Proven ability to work effectively with direction and some supervision while being conscious of how your work interacts with that of others.