With over 2 million developers worldwide, Netlify is leading the transition to modern Jamstack-based web development. By uniting the ecosystem of developer tools and technologies, Netlify makes it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications
We are excited to announce our most recent Series D fundraise of $105M led by Bessemer Venture Partners, with participation from our existing investors Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, EQT Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Mango Capital and Menlo Ventures with an overall $2B valuation.
Though our team is growing fast, we’ve managed to stay tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, we’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
We aim to create a company culture of empowerment where the best idea can come from anywhere, as we believe that empowered and engaged team members do the best work. We strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement—not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company.
We are seeking an energetic, creative, and data-driven social media strategist—a social media expert and content marketer to build, implement, and execute a world-class engagement strategy across all Netlify social media channels. You will be responsible for scaling Netlify’s social following and engagement. You will be the lead responsible for all organic social media content and KPIs with a focus on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
In this role, you’ll define the brand social media strategy and goals with the Director of Communications and VP of Marketing. You’ll coordinate the social media content calendar to ensure thoughtful coordination of communications from various departments, incorporating consistent themes that support Netlify’s strategic plans and priorities. You’ll work cross-functionally to create, develop, and launch content and assets. You’re a creative thinker with a high bar for quality, capable of bringing new and unique ideas to help Netlify stand out in the market. You’re an expert in social media, with a strong ability to spot trends, analyze impact, and strategically grow share of voice.
What you’ll do
- Be the social media expert within the company with a strong understanding of current best practices, channel features, utilization, strategy, social listening, and content optimization across all channels.
- Lead and evolve social media content strategy, execution, and measurement for our developer and business audiences across Netlify social media handles.
- Write short-form content and maintain an editorial calendar to build excitement and engage our community, utilizing user-generated community content, marketing campaigns, and other brand activity.
- Use Social Listening tools to understand brand engagement and health. Surface new opportunities and ideas to drive content creation and social marketing campaigns. Tools include Sprout, HubSpot, SEMrush, and may not be limited to those.
- Collaborate and work with stakeholders from developer experience, marketing, support, and product to write and organize content, prioritizing key initiatives and campaigns into social media content.
- Help identify creative opportunities that push our brand forward and contribute to growing brand share of voice.
- On occasion, advise executive leadership and internal teams on social media presence and content development for our key initiatives.
- Work alongside the growth marketing team to advise on and, on occasion, contribute to paid media strategies.
- Responsible for reporting and contributing to scaling the brand share of voice metrics.
- Design and execute social media reporting on key metrics, such as engagement, traffic, and influenced sales opportunities.
- Share weekly performance reporting with key stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally to contribute and develop high-engagement campaigns from social content creation to designing engaging video assets for different channels.
- Engage with users on behalf of the company, showcasing the brand voice and tone.
- Test and measure impact of new social campaigns.
What we’re seeking
- 4+ years of relevant experience in social media communications or community management, especially managing brand social accounts and content creation for technology brands.
- Strength in social media program management, including ownership of a content calendar.
- Attention to detail. A proficient proofreader and editor.
- A gifted storyteller and strategic thinker.
- Proven experience creating and leveraging original content to drive authentic social engagement across multiple digital channels.
- Ability to take data insights to drive content creation and campaigns.
- Excitement to spread the Netlify voice in new, creative ways across social channels.
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Learn about Netlify, including the technology platform, enterprise funnel, customer stories, and key value propositions.
- Onboard and get acquainted with Netlify’s current social media channels and strategies.
- Take over the execution of marketing social-related content already planned or in-flight.
- Gain an understanding of the current marketing and content strategy. Analyze social media engagement and begin to chart our future social media opportunities.
- Start building relationships with the teams you’ll be working with on a regular basis.
- Begin a reporting framework and strategy to communicate impact and results to the greater organization.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Help design, optimize and start executing the 2022 editorial social media calendar.
- Deliver several pieces of social media content that have made a significant impact on the brand share of voice.
- Deliver regular social media reporting, communicating impact and results to the greater organization. Use data insights to drive continued content strategies and campaigns.
- Have developed a solid understanding of Netlify’s business and growth strategy.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Drive social media content strategy and planning, writing, and executing on new ideas in lockstep with the marketing team and across the organization.
- Contribute to our social content strategy and pipeline numbers in significant and meaningful ways.
- Adjust and refine our social content strategy based on initial results and learnings.
- At Netlify, we are a growing company that is constantly evolving so the timeline is intended to show you what you can expect from the role. Keep in mind we're always iterating, learning, and growing thus expect these guidelines to continue to evolve as we expand. We're excited for you to join us on the journey!
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.