Over 2.2 million businesses and developers are now on Netlify, and our pace of growth is accelerating! We’re helping enterprises across the globe develop web applications more effectively and run faster sites, all while realizing significant cost savings over traditional web architectures.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
About the team:
Netlify’s Sales Strategy & Operations team drives our field organization strategy, operational cadence, and planning processes. The team sets execution rhythm and tactical support for the SDR, AE, AM, Sales Engineering, and Sales Enablement teams. We take pride in fueling best in class sales efficiency, win rates, net expansion, topline annual recurring revenue growth.
About the role
Reporting to our Chief Revenue Officer, the Director of Sales Strategy & Operations will lead and continue to build out the function as a center of excellence for Netlify by working cross-functionally with all contributors to Netlify's sales goals. Successful candidates will have built and scaled the sales operations team for a high-growth SaaS startup at least once in their career as well as have deep intellectual curiosity, the ability to communicate structured thinking effectively, and build a team of high performers.
What You’ll work on:
- Build and execute the operating cadence across all sales functions to ensure the health of the business against the operating plan - achieving KPI’s including forecast accuracy, funnel analysis, and pipeline management.
- Partner with leaders across Netlify to build business cases for potential go to market investments, and drive the “follow-through” of those recommendations to ensure smooth execution with cross-functional partners.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of our field execution and develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify growth opportunities.
- Drive our annual planning process in partnership with finance, product, and marketing organizations. including org structure, financial goal setting, quota setting, and market segmentation.
- Implementing a best in class technology staff that enables the organization to be more efficient and deliver phenomenal prospect and customer experiences
- Implement best in class onboarding and continuing education (sales enablement) in partnership with product marketing to support our existing and employees in the sales org.
What You’ll bring:
- 5+ years in a sales strategy and operations role, with at least three years in a fast-growth pre-ipo SAAS company. A background in management consulting is a bonus.
- Strategic thinking and analysis, with a penchant for seeing over the horizon to identify opportunities, envision models and strategic paths to capture opportunities, as well as spot emerging risks.
- Customer focused, intellectually curious, and high energy team builder, who thrives in a fast paced, hyper-growth dynamic business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate structured analysis with clear hypotheses, logically sound frameworks, and analytical rigor.
- Experience leading a team of 5 or more.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.