With over 2 million developers worldwide, Netlify is leading the transition to modern Jamstack-based web development. By uniting the ecosystem of developer tools and technologies, Netlify makes it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications
We are excited to announce our most recent Series D fundraise of $105M led by Bessemer Venture Partners, with participation from our existing investors Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, EQT Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Mango Capital and Menlo Ventures with an overall $2B valuation.
Though our team is growing fast, we’ve managed to stay tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, we’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
We aim to create a company culture of empowerment where the best idea can come from anywhere, as we believe that empowered and engaged team members do the best work. We strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement—not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company.
About the role
SDRs are the face of the company when it comes to engaging with enterprise prospects, and we are looking to hire the best coach and leader for them. Reporting to our Director of Sales Development, you will be responsible for building out a team of highly motivated, energetic sales professionals that take pride in building pipeline for the new business team. In addition to coaching and inspiring the team, you will design scalable processes to help predictably generate revenue pipeline for the business, as well as help SDRs serve as a talent pipeline for Netlify.
Not sure if this is the right fit for you?
At Netlify, we know our product is complex! If you are not sure whether Netlify is the right opportunity for you, we would be happy to schedule an informal chat to help you get a sense of the team and answer any initial questions you might have! Feel free to reach out to our hiring manager, Devin at devin [at] netlify.com to schedule some time for a quick chat.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excitement for recruiting with a thoughtful approach to team planning, building, and development
- Leads with empathy, and can build trust while still holding teammates to a high level of excellence
- Been there, and done that. We'd love for someone who can relate to the challenges that come with being an SDR
- Metrics oriented. Understands how to measure the inputs to arrive at our desired results, building a good framework for optimization
- Familiarity with the tools of the trade (Outreach, Gong, Leadiq, SFDC, Atrium, etc.)
- Growth Mindset. It is easy to focus on growing those you lead, but we need someone focused on growing themselves. We've built a team focused on feedback, and we want someone who seeks it as much as they deliver it.
- Organization skills. Between onboarding and our playbooks, we will need to write things down to document best practices, and set up the systems necessary to keep them up to date
- Bonus Points:
- Closing experience or Account Management experience. As we look to build career pathways, experience in the next role is valuable (but not required)
- Experience selling to developers or in a Product Led Growth (PLG) environment
What you’ll work on:
- Be the front line coach helping SDRs produce top tier outreach, and coach them at every opportunity (messaging, calls, workflow)
- Iterate and up-level on the hiring process for our next phase of growth
- Build out scalable outreach processes to establish and spread best practices, as well as improve each SDRs capacity
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Build strong relationships with the current SDR team and operate as a coach for existing SDRs
- Understand how we do things today, and be prepared to offer recommendations for quick wins as we wrap up Q4
- Review our hiring processes to date, and take ownership over the process as you look to hire the next generation of SDRs
- Meet other partners within the Money team and understand who you'll be working with day to day
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Proven out your hiring process
- Help eligible SDRs navigate their promotion path ways
- Own metrics for the team performance, and scope out projects to improve team efficiency
- Establish and document best practices to help SDR and AE pairings operate at maximum capacity
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Serve as an advocate for the SDR team within cross functional initiatives, and lead projects to up-level the team
- Serve as a key stakeholder shaping our onboarding program for SDRs and future Money Team members
- Formalize pathways to help SDRs understand where they are in their career paths, and how to take the next step
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.