With over 2 million developers worldwide, Netlify is leading the transition to modern Jamstack-based web development. By uniting the ecosystem of developer tools and technologies, Netlify makes it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications
We are excited to announce our most recent Series D fundraise of $105M led by Bessemer Venture Partners, with participation from our existing investors Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, EQT Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Mango Capital and Menlo Ventures with an overall $2B valuation.
Though our team is growing fast, we’ve managed to stay tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, we’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
We aim to create a company culture of empowerment where the best idea can come from anywhere, as we believe that empowered and engaged team members do the best work. We strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement—not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company.
Design at Netlify is an exploration of possibility and a continuous focus on customer outcomes. We're a growing world-class team set out on a journey to empower the developer in new and unique ways and we're looking for a Senior/Staff Product Designer to help lead the way.
Our Design team tackles complex design challenges and helps bridge teams with a shared vision across the organization. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, love collaboration and feedback. You'll keep our users at the center of your process, and balance near term and long term initiatives that drive the world closer to realizing a more modern and performant web.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help evolve the product experience in collaboration with a diverse group of cross-functional players ranging from engineering, technical content, product management, support, marketing, and sales. Your mission at Netlify is to create world-class developer experiences in partnership with your product and engineering peers.
As an key member of our Design Team, you'll have a big impact on the way developers experience Netlify. You'll be leading initiatives that range from iterative feature improvements, to explorations with high ambiguity that demand innovation. There's plenty to do, so be ready to roll up your sleeves and help shape our design processes, team culture and norms, and help raise the quality bar for developer experiences.
With our team, you’ll be sharing and collaborating early and often, driving and facilitating meaningful discussion with a blend of in person and async transparent communication. You’ll own the stories that project meaningful customer outcomes and you’ll be driving transparency with thorough documentation. Our designers partner with our research & product management teams to help frame problems spaces, inform roadmap priorities, and iterate on elegant solutions that elevate the overall quality of the experience.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a history of leading design efforts at a strategic level and shipping products at scale
- Has a breadth of experience in the product development process, from problem definition & UX flow, to interaction & UI design
- Values wide variation and exploration and iterative design processes
- Is proficient at iterating & circulating concepts with peers and building toward high confidence proposals, effectively prototyping and storytelling at various fidelities throughout the process
- Possesses a very high level of comfort in working with developers in the presentation layer (for example, HTML, CSS) and is well versed in using tools such as Figma and Github
- Enjoys creating structure where there is ambiguity and can quickly adapt to organizational changes, workstream shifts, can help others navigate staffing and priority changes
- Is familiar with the working dynamic between product management and engineering working cross-functionally and partnering with teams across the company
- Demonstrates autonomy and ability to work async with peers and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise, all while working in distributed locations
- Can clearly communicate decision rationale and point to measurable impact of work
- Is curious and open to learning new technologies and best practices
- Thrives in a collaborative environment, working with others across multiple teams
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Learn about the business, how the developer tool ecosystem works, where we're headed, and what makes developers tick
- Get to know the design team and your product management, engineering peers
- Get involved in design team activities like design critiques, weekly syncs, and identifying opportunities for impact
- Wrap your head around ongoing mission critical initiatives that help differentiate Netlify in the market
- Learn about the tools, systems, and processes we use to craft experiences at Netlify
- Learn about customer activation, Netlify's array of onboarding entry points, and Netlify's Aha moment
- Present first-time observations about the team, tools, processes, and growth opportunities
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, build bridges, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Establish strong async communication rhythms with your peers and leaders, practicing transparency and visibility in your progress against areas of focus
- Establish customer success metric baselines and ensure that teams are working toward impactful learning
- Deliver on your first project and help teams iterate on meaningful customer outcomes
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team
- Support your team with thoughtful feedback and help shape the way we tell customer experience stories at Netlify
- Help contribute to our expanding research practice and run usability tests in collaboration with research partners
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Elevate the work of the team and become a subject matter expert in customer activation and onboarding. Refining and evolving how first time customers reach that AHA moment in Netlify
- Introduce new frameworks and tools to help optimize and elevate the work of the design team
- Demonstrate that you're able to wrangle feedback from multiple stakeholders in order to arrive at a shared, but opinionated solution
- Demonstrate ability to organize around multiple ongoing streams of work
- Challenge existing customer success metrics and push for proper tooling and baselines
- Fortify relationships with cross functional players in your squad
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Use and evolve our design system in order to help streamline the design and collaborative process here at Netlify
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Contribute to team retros and help evolve the way we design and build products at Netlify
- Be a trusted contributed, mentor, and leader while bridge and orchestrate experience efforts between pods and departments
- Mentor members of the team looking to level up the way they articulate their proposals and build customer centric stories
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve design processes
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.