With over 2 million developers worldwide, Netlify is leading the transition to modern Jamstack-based web development. By uniting the ecosystem of developer tools and technologies, Netlify makes it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications
We are excited to announce our most recent Series D fundraise of $105M led by Bessemer Venture Partners, with participation from our existing investors Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, EQT Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Mango Capital and Menlo Ventures with an overall $2B valuation.
Though our team is growing fast, we’ve managed to stay tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, we’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
We aim to create a company culture of empowerment where the best idea can come from anywhere, as we believe that empowered and engaged team members do the best work. We strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement—not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company.
About the Opportunity:
Netlify's Talent Team is growing! We’re looking for a Talent Research & Sourcing Specialist to join our team. With our team, you’ll be the first dedicated sourcer who will be responsible for building research strategies at our rapidly growing global organization. Creativity is key with this role, where you’ll be empowered to uncover high-potential pipelines of candidates from a variety of identities and backgrounds. We’re looking for someone who approaches sourcing in an inclusive way, leveraging all channels to identify underrepresented candidates. We prioritize candidate experience, so you’ll be nurturing pipelines across all of our teams, including engineering, product, marketing, sales, and more! If these sound like something you’d be excited about, we’d love to meet you!
About the Team:
Netlify’s talent team is a small but growing organization made up of fully distributed team members that are passionate about the work we do. At Netlify, we believe we hire as an organization, with the talent team partnering closely with hiring teams throughout the candidate journey to ensure we hire empathetic, smart, and collaborative team members. We foster a culture where all questions are good questions and invest in tools & resources that will allow us to do our best work. We are biased towards striking that right balance between asynchronous & synchronous planning and communication, where our goal is to optimize execution. We put a large emphasis on practicing our values of transparency, empowerment, and commitment.
What You’ll Bring:
- You believe sourcing is a marathon, not a sprint. We strive for quality over quantity with our team!
- A history of building strong partnerships with recruiters and stakeholders.
- A breadth of experience sourcing candidates across a variety of roles, preferably in a global capacity with a proven track record of identifying exceptional talent.
- An appetite for learning and a strong sense of creativity. Extreme curiosity, tenacity, and resilience are key in this role.
- A passion for building a diverse workforce of underrepresented talent from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Our values are rooted in the belief that diversity = intelligence, which is embedded in everything that we do!
- Extensive experience using non-traditional resources beyond LinkedIn to reach talent, including GitHub, Slack, Meet-Up, etc.
- A high level of comfort with using data to drive, measure, and report decisions about our pipelines.
- A passion for candidate experience with stellar communication skills and a passion for creative storytelling
- Experience with ATS & sourcing tools (We use Greenhouse, SeekOut, and Linkedin Recruiter).
- A high level of comfort working in a fully distributed, global environment & prior exposure to working for a high-growth technology startup is an added advantage.
Within 1 month you’ll:
- Meet with your peers within the People team and being building relationships with hiring managers across our organization
- Get to know the Netlify platform and gain a deep understanding of the roles that we hire for
- Begin pairing with the talent team and start to build projects to learn more about the complexity of the business needs
- Begin designing sourcing strategies by identifying and reaching out to prospective talent
Within 3 months you’ll:
- Continue to refine your understanding of Netlify by connecting with across various teams throughout the business including tech, product, and GTM
- Using data and feedback continue to improve and build upon creative strategies to surface underrepresented talent
- Partnering with your colleagues across talent and hiring teams your sourcing efforts and strengths have produced hires for the organization
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Have a deep understanding of the intricacies of our hiring needs and will have built extensive pipelines to match these needs throughout tech and G&A teams
- Designed talent mapping strategies throughout several regions across the globe
- Utilizing your significant passion for building a diverse workforce
- Reported out on various sourcing metrics to help further the team’s sourcing strategies
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.