At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
About the role
With over 1M developers already using our product, Netlify has gained massive mindshare amongst development teams of all sizes. With the number of free and paid teams scaling rapidly, we need a Product Manager to lead the way for a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, designers, researchers, and marketers to influence blitzscale growth of our self-serve business. You'll be responsible for driving a deeper shared understanding of our customer journey funnel, identifying gaps in the existing growth engine, asking questions, and working with stakeholders to deliver a strategy, experiment roadmap, and best-in-class experiences to acquire new teams and convert them into paying subscribers.
What You’ll Bring
You are the kind of Product Manager who has an ownership mentality for driving product and business impact, is proactive about asking questions and finding the data to inform insights, and thrives in the iteration of product and process. You think about a problem holistically to uncover the root cause and opportunity before diving into the details to lead your projects all the way to the finish line. You're decisive in prioritizing what's critical to the success of the business and care about ensuring we deliver the best experience to meet our goals. You can understand complex business problems and technologies and succinctly translate them to a wider audience.
We're looking for someone who has experience with:
- A history of working in a Product Led Growth role at a high growth startup
- Good understanding of the web development or PaaS/SaaS space.
- Demonstrates an understanding and curiosity of how customers adopt and grow with Netlify, and opportunities to align their success with the success of our business.
- Deep business and technical acumen and ability to balance short-term user and business needs with long-term strategy and vision.
- Leads by example and seeks to understand through active listening and questioning, actively addresses problems, and assumes responsibility for their work.
By the 30 day mark, you'll be...
- Understanding the complexities around our business, customer, and engineering needs. We believe strongly that it’s essential for you to take the time to become familiar with our space & how we operate
- Having one-on-ones with the people that you’ll be closely working with
- Learning from the team during weekly syncs
- Presenting first-time observations about the team, tools, processes, and growth opportunities
By the 60 day mark, you'll be...
- Digging into data and talking to customers about their use of Netlify
- Developing an understanding of and providing feedback on the strategy and KPIs for your product area
- Establishing strong async communication rhythms with your peers and leaders, practicing transparency and visibility in your progress against areas of focus
By the 90 day mark, you'll be...
- Shipping products, analyzing impact, gathering feedback, and iterating
- Contributing to team retros and helping evolve the way we design and build products while acting as a leader to bridge and orchestrate efforts between pods and departments
- Collaborating with product leadership to inform and improve workflows, and develop the long-range plan for Netlify
- Considering what conferences you’d like to attend or brainstorming how you’d like to utilize your training allowance
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.