At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
We are seeking an energetic and data-driven community leader to enable our global Jamstack community to grow and thrive. Jamstack is a global community of frontend developers who are passionate about building a future web: one that’s open, secure, accessible and highly performant. Working closely with the Netlify marketing and developer experience teams, as well as the Jamstack ecosystem and global community, you will be responsible for managing communications channels, onboarding and enabling user group leaders, innovating on community properties like Jamstack.org, and supporting events. You will be responsible for reporting on and driving community growth and engagement, measured by the number of active user groups, visitors & contributions to Jamstack.org, participation in events and communications channels (twitter, slack), and the volume of social discussion around Jamstack.
What you’ll do
- Create an onboarding program and enablement program to encourage the formation of new user groups and high quality content/interactions.
- Manage communication channels daily with the goal to drive impressions, engagement and growth, including the Jamstack slack, Jamstack twitter handle, and relevant groups on LinkedIn.
- Drive content strategy for Jamstack community, including Jamstack.org website, video/YouTube content, social content & imagery, a potential Jamstack.org blog, and more.
- Collaborate with community leaders to create a continuous feedback loop that supports new ideas, experiments and innovations that drive community goals.
- Drive the annual Jamstack community survey; package and communicate results.
- Support content development (including CFP), creative programming/activities, promotion and more for bi-annual Jamstack Conf events.
- Help developers, companies and open source projects in the Jamstack ecosystem learn how to engage with the community.
- Build relationships with and promote open source projects in the Jamstack ecosystem.
- Manage a budget to support community activities, including swag, user group starter kits and sponsorship.
- Report on and provide insights into relevant metrics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
What we’re seeking
- Proven ability to grow a thriving community of technologists, including open source and commercial ecosystems.
- Experience working with developers and open source communities. Knowledge of Jamstack, popular frontend frameworks and headless technologies preferred.
- Experience reporting on community growth and health metrics, and using data to drive decisions and priorities.
- Passion for creating inclusive and safe communities, and flexibility to collaborate with community leaders across timezones.
- Comfortable operating through ambiguity and change that comes with a disruptive ecosystem and growing community.
- A collaborative and community-first mindset, understanding the bigger opportunity is to enable new leaders and contributions, rather than doing all of the work yourself. A community manager who is friendly, helpful and inspiring, capable of building strong relationships and trust with our global community.
- Knowledge and experience reporting on tools including GitHub, Google Analytics, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Slack, and more.
- Ability to contribute code/content and manage the Jamstack.org repos a strong bonus.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.