At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
About the Opportunity
At Netlify, our vision is to empower developers to create a better digital world. To make this real and tangible, our mission is to unite the Jamstack ecosystem to create the best developer experience possible. If a company has a front end web team, we want them to use Netlify to power all their sites and apps in a modern way. That is one of the reasons this security leader role is so important! We will naturally become a larger and larger target the more successful we become, and the right leader for Netlify needs to be passionate about that and the impact it will make to the business. You'll put in place the people, process and technology that not only protects our people and company, but you'll also be working hand-and-hand with our Product & Development organization to protect our infrastructure and customers.
As a Head of Information Security at Netlify, you'll be responsible for leading, nurturing, and growing our security initiatives. With our team, you’ll have a significant impact on all facets of the business and will partner closely with various teams at Netlify to ensure that security is appropriately addressed across all of our products and services. You'll oversee all security operations, infrastructure, and compliance, which includes security assessments, bug bounty programs, security awareness, compliance frameworks and controls.
We’re looking for a leader who has a strong history of leading and growing security teams and a successful track record of implementing technologies, policies and procedures to help accelerate Netlify’s ambition to build a better web. This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow a strategic team and make a significant impact within a high growth organization. There's plenty to do, so you should be ready to support execution in addition to strategy as the team scales.
What You’ll Bring:
- Significant experience in a senior security leadership role, managing teams through periods of change and iteration. You are a confident leader with the ability to facilitate conversations and decision-making within the team. You'll be responsible for setting, tracking and communicating metrics around work output and goals.
- A history of working in a customer-facing capacity in a SaaS/PaaS/IaaS business model. You are a strong partner with product and engineering teams and have familiarity with pushing to constantly and consistently deliver first in class security programs.
- A breadth of experience securing enterprise-scale infrastructure programs and leading application security initiatives, including threat modeling, vulnerability management, security automation, and product security.
- A high level of comfort supporting one or more types of compliance frameworks: ISO 27001, SOC 2, PCI, FINRA, GDPR
- A good sense of ability to work autonomously and keep peers and leadership informed about progress and blockers
- A high level of comfort with ambiguity
- Highly responsive, with a customer-first mindset
In 1 month you will…
- Learn about the business, how the ecosystem works, what processes we use, and where we're headed
- Get to know the security team and your product and engineering peers and the rest of Senior leadership team
- Align with ongoing mission-critical initiatives and begin to gain a robust understanding of our vendors and systems that support our platform
In 3 months you will…
- Investigate our gaps and identify opportunities for improvement to create the foundational plan around how to tackle various projects
- Work cross-functionally to deliver on your first project (AKA low hanging fruit) and make a positive impact on Netlify's security posture.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver an updated 6 month plan across people, process and technology to be approved by COO & CEO.
- You will be a key external partner with our Enterprise sales teams and our largest customers to convey trust and confidence in earning new and existing business.
In 6 months you will…
- Be a trusted contributor within the security team and company
- Have worked to improve appropriate security and compliance processes
- Helping our customers and partners with questionnaires related to our security, privacy, and compliance programs
- Continue to build out the Security Operations program here at Netlify
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.