At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
We are excited to be looking for a leader for People Business Partnerships! As Director you will be responsible for building out the People Business Partnerships function at Nelify. The Director, People Business Partnership role is hands-on as a trusted business partner to multiple leaders, managers, and employees in the function. Our team, which numbers 150+ in total and growing, is highly distributed across North America, EMEA and APAC. Given the rapid growth of the team and the business, we’re seeking a people-oriented leader to provide vision and direction to the entire team. You will be a key driver of talent and change management across our company influencing a high growth and performance-oriented culture. As you build the organization, you will provide coaching and mentorship to other People Business Partners and serve as the primary point of contact for key strategic initiatives and programs at Netlify.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Work closely with People and Functional Leadership to understand organizational challenges and design/implement creative solutions
- Coordinate and support the implementation of strategic initiatives within your assigned client population(s) and more broadly:
- Providing strategic leadership and direction, particularly in the fields of professional development, succession planning, performance management including (OKRs), employee relations, and strategic programs (i.e. diversity)
- Providing leadership to future People Business Partners through definition of roles and responsibilities, goal/objective setting, regular communication, coaching and development
- Having a constant finger on the pulse of all people/workplace issues, measuring employee satisfaction, and striving to improve its already-high levels
Org Design & Talent Management
- Support leaders and managers in driving engagement and retention within their respective organizations
- Connect employees and managers to compelling learning and development opportunities including mentorship, coaching for performance and growth and advising on career opportunities
- Support leaders and managers on facilitating talent mapping and reviews, and ensuring talent outcomes and actions are implemented
- Develop and implement org design and/or effectiveness, workforce retention, career navigation and succession interventions/strategies as required
- Ensuring that we’re investing in our entire international workforce and that paths for promotion and progress within the organization are clearly defined, with the goal of creating a loyal, experienced, passionate, and highly motivated team
- Drive equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout all of our programs and initiatives
- Support employees and managers within your population(s) to cultivate a high growth- and performance-oriented culture, and ensure that performance management experiences are effective and empowering, prioritizing fairness and objectivity
- Advise managers on team performance management via a data driven approach
- Support proactively to identify underperformance and address thoughtfully, and manage underperformance professionally and swiftly when identified
Employee Relations - Coach, Inspire, Influence
- Provide dedicated coaching to multiple managers and employees within your population(s) with a specific focus on employee advocacy, People fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved, and serve as an escalation point for your population(s)
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders
- Coach leaders/managers on proper management and communication practices
- Work closely and effectively with other People Business Partners, People Operations, and the wider People team team to identify best practices and use it to define effective business interventions
Project Management and Process Design
- Coordinate and support the implementation and delivery of key strategic initiatives as assigned, including identifying risks and impact to delivery, as well as tracking and reporting progress and outcomes
- Implement effective change management strategies, providing subject matter expertise on risk mitigation and change delivery
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with preferably a minimum of 5 years in an advisory People Manager / People Business Partnerships role supporting executive and senior leaders in fast-moving organization. Deep and progressive experience as a strategic People Business Partner
- Significant time in role partnering with and influencing senior business executives within a high-growth technology company.
- Demonstrated results achieved by being a strategic problem solver and partner to drive the implementation of solutions to address complex business challenges
- Experience operating in a global People organization playing critical roles in providing end-to-end services across a global business and multi-country workforce
- Prior management experience
- Experience partnering with leadership teams on compensation (including variable), plans, and data/analysis
- Solid track record in design and implementation of talent management strategies that have meaningfully impacted the individual and organization experience; previous experience in coaching employees/managers through complex, difficult issues and creating effective working partnerships with senior leaders
- Knowledge of employment regulations/statutes and capacity to apply them at Netlify. Ability to adapt applicable global labor laws into local practices as required. Experience with other international countries
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills, ability to present and facilitate effectively, and stellar emotional intelligence with a specific focus on self moderation, cultivating relationships and empathy
- Previous People project management experience, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with different stakeholder sets, would be a plus
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.