At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
What we're looking for:
A leader who will play both a strategic and hands on role and will have a significant impact on our growing global business. As the Employee Communications and Experience Leader, your role will build relationships with our global employees (aka Netlifiers) and design and lead initiatives that keep Netlifiers connected, engaged, and informed.
About the role:
This role is an opportunity for an experienced communications and engagement leader to own the employee communications and experience strategy and execution for a dynamic and fast-growing organization. This role will be a part of the People Team reporting to the VP of People and requires working closely with Founders, Chief Operating Officer and extensive engagement and cross collaboration across and the broader organization.
You have successfully led a team who owned, designed and implemented employee communications and experience strategies for a growing global organization. You’ve had 10+ years of progressive experience in Communication, Employee Experience, Engagement, or Employer Brand.
- You’ve been responsible for overseeing an internal communications program that supports a strong, vibrant culture in a previous organization that fostered a clear understanding of mission, goals, values - helped to ensure employees were informed, engaged and inspired every day.
- Managed the development and delivery of all org-wide communications (leadership, people team etc.) and internal information sharing, including crisis (around sensitive workforce issues), change management designed to engage employees and communicate a clear strategy.
- Partnered with senior leaders and global teams on how to communicate a connected story on topics impacting the company's work experience - ranging from policies, in-person, virtual experiences, benefits, perks, technology and distributed-first workplaces.
- Served as an advisor & coach on internal communications to other senior leaders across an organization by drafting narratives, scripts, talking points, remarks and correspondence to employees.
- Kept up with tech and global news including what/how peer group companies are communicating to their employees.
- Created and managed an internal distributed first employee handbook
- Lead communications of the annual employee satisfaction survey, annual performance reviews, compensation and other critical People initiatives.
- Identify strategic opportunities to encourage listening and feedback across the organization (by organizing focus groups, surveys) and take a data-driven approach to engagement and communications.
- In partnership with talent, developed the employer brand storytelling strategy to elevate your company as a top talent destination across key demographics and markets.
- Collaborated with Diversity, Equity and Belonging teams to elevate workplace belonging internally and externally.
- Created and executed a distributed first vision via actionable strategies, plans and OKRs
- Ensured the global employee experience is consistent, inclusive, and aligned with our values across teams and regions via company events and community.
- Defined and oversaw the implementation of an in-person events strategy (annual company events, quarterly team offsites and other special events e.g. internal leadership speaking series, volunteer programs)
- Iterated on onboarding ensuring seamless integration and connectedness of new Hires into culture & community
- Played a part in building D&I team and Employee Resource Groups
- Developed and scaled innovative recognition programs that reflected values to supplement core people programs
- Implemented tools and processes that captured the voice of the employee in a modern and dynamic way - leveraged all forms of data collection across the employee lifecycle to create employee focused strategies, programs and processes.
More About You:
- You know how to lead with empathy to build a culture of high performance. Ideally you have experience tying individual & team performance to business results
- Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion is integral to your people philosophy
- You have experience driving and developing a culture that is distributed-first
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, design and presentation skills
- You are an dynamic storyteller and developer of narrative
- Skilled in budget management
- Strong organizational, planning skills and ability to meet tight deadlines while leading multiple projects time management, project management and change management
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- Enjoys managing, coaching and developing people; previous experience having direct reports
- Ethical and low ego; engenders confidence and trust, while also fostering respect and credibility
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.