At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
About the Opportunity:
The mission of our Infrastructure team is to scale Netlify’s infrastructure for the next million users. Our team is dedicated to ensuring application resiliency and delivering the compute and network platform at scale. As a member of our Release Engineering team, you'll work on accelerating the development process for our cutting-edge CDN and JAMstack systems. With Netlify, you will play a crucial role in our software development lifecycle, working with engineers and product teams across the organization to maintain, advance, and innovate on the systems and pipelines that ensure the delivery of stable, secure software in an efficient and reliable way. You'll be continuously evaluating and improving our existing CI/CD/Testing pipelines and processes and will promote devops culture across all of our development teams.
Our team consists primarily of senior level engineers that you’ll be continuing to learn from. We are a distributed-first, global team and biased towards asynchronous planning and communication, meaning less meetings and more execution. We take documentation seriously and place our values of transparency, empowerment, and commitment at the forefront of everything we do. We’re driven by passion and we make sure that everyone on the team knows their value, feels ownership over their work, and can quickly see the impact of their efforts. Beyond just hiring smart, empathetic team members, we foster a culture where there are no dumb questions and our team can get access to the resources that they need to continue to learn. As a remote-first company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Netlify is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life
What You’ll bring:
- Well-versed in cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker/Kubernetes, and observability practices and tools
- Experience working in software delivery including experience with CI/CD vendors (Jenkins, CircleCI, Spinnaker, etc.)
- A breadth of experience building RESTful APIs and maintaining a variety of microservices
- A high level of comfort with CI/CD pipelines and automation
- Experience in defining release readiness criteria
- Leads by example, seek to understand through active listening and questioning, actively address problems you identify and assume responsibility for your work.
- For this role, the ideal candidate will be located between PST and EST timezones.
Within 1 month you’ll:
- You’ll begin the journey of understanding the complexities around our business, customer, and engineering needs. We believe strongly that it’s essential for you to take the time to become familiar with our space & how we operate!
- You will have developed an understanding of the major components of the build and release processes
- Have one-on-ones and pairing sessions with some of the people that you’ll be working closely with
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and defining a roadmap of how to solve any gaps
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Actively participate in peer code reviews and promote development best practices
- Write scripts to automate release activities
- Develop relationships with product teams, helping identify and improve the release process
- Write documentation (best practice guides, test plans, etc.)
- Identify performance bottlenecks
- Partner with our manager around align with your goals and passions with projects on the team roadmap
- Make improvements through designing, building, and maintaining the core infrastructure
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Automate as much of the deployment process as possible to provide for repeatability, auditability, scalability and build in process enforcement
- Drive necessary architectural aspects of applications to enhance Build and Release characteristics
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles, with particular emphasis on defining and implementing process and procedures for release engineering functions, methodologies and practices
- Participate in helping us grow the team by conducting interviews and partnering with leadership to strategize future hiring needs
At Netlify, we are a growing company that is constantly evolving so this timeline is intended to show you an example of what you can expect from the role. Keep in mind we're always iterating, learning, and growing, thus expect these guidelines to continue to evolve as we expand. We're excited for you to join us on the journey!
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.