At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date.
About the Opportunity:
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Internal Tools team. With our team, you'll own the end to end development of software tools and services that the entire organization will leverage. You will join a team of talented full-stack engineers, automation developers, and support engineers who love building solutions that improve the daily lives of colleagues as well as boost the performance of our platform. Our team is small and nimble. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
Our infrastructure currently spans 7 clouds and 30+ regions, which can be a beast to wrangle. We are looking to enhance our tooling to help the different teams gain insight into the system and react faster to issues. We need someone that can focus on enabling our support and sales teams with internal tools and APIs.
You will be interfacing with our infrastructure in mission critical times, working alongside the Support, Community, and Sales teams to help scope and define new tools that help scale the team and infrastructure to new heights. Our tech stack includes (but is not limited to), Golang-based microservices, AWS, React/JS, MySQL, and Redis. Some of the projects you’ll be exposed to include:
- Design and implement internal software tools for business needs
- Developing APIs that extend the functionality of the administration tools
- Add features to and maintain existing internal software tools
- Improving tooling for automatically handling configuration changes, and streamlining our fraud and phishing responses, just to name a few!
- Work closely with Support, Community, Sales and Customer Success teams to identify product use cases and feature enhancements
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team and biased towards asynchronous planning and communication, meaning less meetings and more execution. We take documentation seriously and place our values of transparency, empowerment, and commitment at the forefront of everything we do. We’re driven by passion and we make sure that everyone on the team knows their value, feels ownership over their work, and can quickly see the impact of their efforts. Beyond just hiring smart, empathetic team members, we foster a culture where there are no dumb questions and our team can get access to the resources that they need to continue to learn. As a remote-first company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Netlify is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
What you’ll bring:
- You are a software engineer at heart, with a compulsion to automate everything!
- Leads by example, seeking to understand through active listening and questioning, and actively addressing problems you identify
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- You love partnering with other engineers to solve problems and are passionate about leading projects
- Advanced programming experience (Golang, Python etc.)
Within 1 month you’ll:
- You’ll begin the journey of understanding the complexities around our business, customer, and engineering needs. We believe strongly that it’s essential for you to take the time to become familiar with our space & how we operate!
- Have one-on-ones and pairing sessions with some of the people that you’ll be working closely with, including members of the Support, Community and Sales teams.
- Learn from the team during weekly syncs
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Develop new features in our build, admin and API tool sets
- Troubleshoot issues that originate from possible bugs in the source code of our many applications
- Review pull requests constructively
- Be ramped up in our tech stack, make regular PRs, and contribute to tooling recommendations
- Identify performance bottlenecks
- Coordinate with other technical staff to implement changes to our tool stack and relevant systems
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Design and develop new features and develop applications for workflow automation
- Identify opportunities for improvement and help define the roadmap for the team to solve any gaps in the Sales, Support, or Community workflows
- Partner with our manager around aligning your goals and passions with projects on the team roadmap
- Introduce new frameworks and tools to help optimize and elevate the work of the team
- Fortify relationships with cross functional team members as well as broaden your connections across the organization
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Independently troubleshoot complex systems and environments including applications, networking components and develop scripts, applications, and processes to improve system stability
- Have shaped the roadmap for tools and automation here at Netlify
- Have attended a conference with our training budget to help expand your knowledge base
At Netlify, we are a growing company that is constantly evolving so this timeline is intended to show you an example of what you can expect from the role. Keep in mind we're always iterating, learning, and growing, thus expect these guidelines to continue to evolve as we expand. We're excited for you to join us on the journey!
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.