At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development and currently serve more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide. We’re a diverse group of incredible talented people from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
Last year, raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date.
You should love to work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the balance between polishing UI and shipping at startup speed on the other. You also enjoy working with marketers, designers, content writers, and are able to have a healthy dialogue with them around matching expectations with practical considerations, taking care to deliver experiences that are usable, performant, and accessible.
Our core tools are Eleventy + Vue with Sanity as our CMS, but we do have other projects in Next.js, Gatsby and Nuxt. It’s more important that you have a solid foundation as a web developer than knowing about every framework.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has a deep appreciation for accessibility and performance, and keeps these at the forefront of their mind while developing new UIs
- Has experience implementing design systems
- Loves a Git-centric workflow with continuous deployment and solid tooling
- Is unafraid of digging into new tools, frameworks, and platforms
- Gives and receives feedback with regard for both emotional and technical concerns
We are looking for someone who:
- Experienced building marketing sites at high scale
- Is invested in delivering a high quality experience to the end user while maintaining a healthy codebase
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise, working in distributed locations.
Within 30 days, you'll be:
- Understanding our values and how to work the Netlify way
- On the journey of understanding the complexities around our business, customer, and engineering needs. We believe strongly that it’s essential for you to take the time to become familiar with our space & how we operate!
- Getting familiar with the marketing properties and tech stacks, and landing your first PR
- Having one-on-ones and pairing sessions with some of the people that you’ll be working closely with, including marketing team leaders, designers, etc.
- Learning from the team during weekly syncs
- Getting a clear sense of where prioritization comes from
By the 60 day mark, you'll be:
- Comfortable owning projects for netlify.com and other properties, such as building new product or landing pages
- Picking up issues from triage and running with them
- Reviewing and providing feedback on team member contributions, as well as learning from their work
- Contributing to internal conversations on our technical architecture and strategy
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history and skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We would like to see some of your work, so please include a writing sample or a link to content you have created. Lastly, a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and at Netlify would be great, though not required and will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.