At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
About The Team:
At Netlify, our Product Management team serves as the glue between the customers we serve, the technology we build and our business. Our job is to understand the use cases and requirements of our customers, define the product strategy and roadmap, and collaborate with engineering, design, user research, marketing and sales teams to build features and take them to market.
We’ve been remote-first since our inception and are a globally distributed team. We’re biased towards asynchronous planning and communication, meaning less meetings and more execution. We’re driven by passion and we make sure that everyone on the team knows their value, feels ownership over their work, and can quickly see the impact of their efforts. Beyond just hiring smart, empathetic team members, we foster a culture where there are no dumb questions and our team can get access to the resources that they need to continue to learn. As a remote-first company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Netlify is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
Our platform is predicated upon giving developers all they need to build their JAMstack web apps with Netlify. This includes the tools to monitor and troubleshoot their apps, and evaluate its health and performance. These are areas of the product that require leadership to drive customer success and adoption.
As a Product Manager with our team, you'll be specializing in building a world-class experience for our various products. You'll be gathering customer requirements, and defining, driving and evolving the components and interfaces and will work across the engineering, design, documentation, support, marketing, and sales organizations for ultimate success.
What You’ll Bring:
You are the kind of product manager who thinks about a problem holistically to uncover the root cause and opportunity before diving into the details to lead your projects all the way to the finish line. You're decisive in prioritizing what's critical to the success of the product and care about ensuring we deliver the best customer experience to meet our business goals. You can understand complex problems and technologies and succinctly translate them to a wider audience.
Our ideal team member is a Product Manager with experience shipping monitoring and analytics tools for developer-facing products. You'll have conceptualized, defined, and shipped features and integrations that help individuals and enterprises manage and observe their apps at scale.
We're looking for someone who has experience with:
- Solid understanding of the web development or PaaS/SaaS space
- A history of working in a Product Management role at a high growth organization
- An extensive breadth of knowledge in monitoring and analytics technology with several years of learnings in the space to show for it
- Leads by example, seeks to understand through active listening and questioning, actively addresses problems and assumes responsibility for their work.
- Demonstrates an understanding and curiosity of what developers need, potential solutions, and opportunities to deliver the Netlify differentiation
By the 30 day mark, you'll be...
- Understanding the complexities around our business, customer, and engineering needs. We believe strongly that it’s essential for you to take the time to become familiar with our space & how we operate
- Having one-on-ones with the people that you’ll be closely working with
- Learning from the team during weekly syncs
- Presenting first-time observations about the team, tools, processes, and growth opportunities
By the 60 day mark, you'll be...
- Talking to customers and digging into their use cases for Netlify
- Developing an understanding of and providing feedback on the strategy and KPIs for your product area
- Working with the team to define the components and interfaces that constitute the observability roadmap
- Establishing strong async communication rhythms with your peers and leaders, practicing transparency and visibility in your progress against areas of focus
By the 90 day mark, you'll be...
- Shipping products, analyzing impact, gathering feedback and iterating
- Contributing to team retros and helping evolve the way we design and build products, while acting as a leader to bridge and orchestrate efforts between pods and departments
- Collaborating with product leadership to inform and improve workflows, and develop the long range plan for Netlify
- Considering what conferences you’d like to attend or brainstorming how you’d like to utilize your training allowance
At Netlify, we are a growing company that is constantly evolving so this timeline is intended to show you an example of what you can expect from the role. Keep in mind we're always iterating, learning, and growing, thus expect these guidelines to continue to evolve as we expand. We're excited for you to join us on the journey!
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.