At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development and currently serve more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide. We’re a diverse group of incredible talented people from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
Last year, raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date.
We’re looking for a technical Product Marketing Manager to develop product narratives for the variety of web projects that development teams run on Netlify, such as ecommerce apps, marketing sites, documentation sites, and SaaS products.
You’ll do this by defining how Netlify and our partners solve different use cases, developing core positioning, and working with the product team to influence product mix and pricing. You’ll then partner across sales, product, and marketing to create content and campaigns that drive adoption for those use cases.
Product marketing is a highly strategic function at Netlify, that collaborates on go-to-market initiatives with the entire organization. You’ll track success against shared goals, report on progress and learnings along the way, and constantly look for creative ways to improve. You thrive in a small, nimble environment and have a quick start mentality — able to get to MVP fast and adapt to changes with ease.
You’re a product marketer who has a passion for understanding how and why customers use a product. As a natural storyteller, you can easily translate that knowledge into compelling positioning and content. You’re comfortable designing big bold product launches and then leading the entire company to execute against a plan. As a skilled writer, you’re obsessed with creating content that breaks through the noise and simplifies technical complexity.
About the Position
Here are some of the things you'll get to work on and learn about as part of this job:
- Map customer journey by use case - Identify, track, and analyze user lifecycle by use case and identifying opportunities to make customers more successful within each use case
- Create powerful stories for use cases - Spend time with customers so you can craft the best positioning for Netlify in different use cases, considering their business goals, workflow challenges, and software development stack. Empathize with the problems they experience and what motivates them. Then teach this to the rest of Netlify.
- Build a content and communication strategy - Learn how Netlify customers adopt the platform for target use cases, identify where content or sample templates are needed to help them move faster, and then produce that content. Work with the rest of the org to optimize distribution of this content through product UI, website, retargeting and more. Then measure & optimize.
- Enable sales to succeed - Work with sales managers to develop and execute an enablement plan. Then build the pitch decks, product training, and customer-facing content that sales needs to educate our customers on target use cases.
- Create custom ABM campaigns - Work with Marketing to identify and help run agile account-based marketing campaigns for different use cases.
- Bring in partners that make solutions stronger - help identify partners that will make Netlify’s value proposition more compelling for different use cases. Work with product to prioritize integration and with marketing to develop co-marketing strategies.
- Product packaging and selling motions - recommend and test packaged product bundles by use-case
- Security & compliance - understand the unique compliance requirements for different use cases
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have a couple years or more of product marketing experience under your belt
- You have a background in development— maybe it was a 15-week software engineering bootcamp, or you picked up coding for fun on weekends, or you have a CS degree.
- You enjoy writing and can point to some work you’re proud of.
- You're a natural storyteller and an excellent communicator who easily explains complex technical concepts with examples and analogies.
- You're a detail-oriented project manager that not only builds the strategy for projects such as product launches and content initiatives, but also works across the organization to get it done.
We aren’t stuck on hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes of a great product marketer.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history and skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We would like to see some of your work, so please include a writing sample or a link to content you have created. Lastly, a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and at Netlify would be great, though not required and will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.