At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development and currently serve more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide. We’re a diverse group of incredible talented people from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
Last year, raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date.
We are seeking a proactive and strategic SEO manager to join our growth marketing team, on a mission to reach many more millions of developers and build a better web. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our newly established growth marketing team, and help build out the SEO strategy, processes and programs as we scale the team, company and movement. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of growing organic traffic for high-traffic websites, but also brings an enthusiasm for learning and experimenting with the latest SEO trends and techniques.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a strategic SEO roadmap to grow global organic search market share to drive traffic, signups, and revenue that align with our company goals. This will include technical and content strategy on our primary web property, but also leveraging microsites, content distribution, directories, performance marketing, and more.
- Execute on the roadmap by partnering with internal stakeholders, including content teams, product marketing, performance marketing, analytics, and web development teams, as well as external resources.
- Proactively track performance and share insights with the team; apply learnings and iterate on our strategy.
- Champion technical SEO internally, developing and owning processes to empower cross-functional teams and ensure ongoing SEO site health and maintenance.
- Grow and refine Netlify’s topical keyword strategy, and collaborate with the content marketing and developer experience teams to develop and optimize content against our strategy.
- Contribute SEO expertise to the overall website strategy and collaborate with teammates to build new landing pages that drive relevant traffic by meeting search intent.
- Continuously drive an improvement process to identify new SEO growth opportunities via analyzing existing technical architecture, page performance, site health, audits and data/traffic analysis.
- Partner with our Business & Marketing Analytics teams to create and deliver SEO performance reports, and provide actionable insights for partner teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Experienced SEO professional: 5+ years of SEO experience working with a high traffic and complex website, preferably with an international or global brand.
- Growth mindset: Passion for learning and experimentation; it’s OK when your hypothesis is proven wrong because you may learn even more than you expected.
- Analytical: You know what to measure, and how to measure it. Strong data-driven approach and tenacity for problem solving.
- Systems thinker: You think beyond the short-term tactics and one-off projects to how we can build processes and programs that scale.
- Collaborative: You build strong relationships across teams by listening and following through on your commitments. You understand we can go further, together, if everyone is working toward the same goal. You have the ability to articulate strategy, empower, and partner closely with cross-functional teams.
- Innovative: You stay up to date on the latest SEO trends, algorithm updates, and techniques and bring creative ideas to the table. You understand how to balance driving organic results with the long-term brand and experience we’re building for our users.
- Technical proficiency: Ability to articulate SEO technical requirements, writing functional specs and setting standards for site health and page performance. Fluency with SEO and web management platforms, including Google Analytics, Optimize, Tag Manager, Search Console, ahrefs, and SEMRush.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history and skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We would like to see some of your work, so please include a writing sample or a link to content you have created. Lastly, a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and at Netlify would be great, though not required and will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.