At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves 1,000s of companies and is used by more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date.
About the role
The Solutions Engineering team at Netlify is a core part of the enterprise go-to-market strategy. Netlify Solutions Engineers have a passion for helping the fastest growing startups and enterprises in the world design, prototype, and build modern web projects at scale. The solutions engineers are liaison between customers stakeholders, sales, product management and support.
This is an unique opportunity to be part of the founding SE team at Netlify, work with some of the smartest, motivated and nicest people in the industry. We are looking for doers and builders, people who like to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
Netlify serves customers all over the world, for this role the ideal candidate will be located in the eastern time zone or is based in the UK. When things are safe to do so, you’ll be traveling about 25% of the time per month visiting customers onsite.
What You’ll work on:
- Build a deep technical understanding of customers looking to move to Jamstack/Netlify - guiding them through best practices of architecting, building, and deploying on Netlify
- Craft and present product demos to help showcase what Netlify can do, while assisting customers with pilot and proof of concept implementations
- Partner with Netlify Account Executives through the pre-sales process, creating joint plans for customer success
- Partner with Netlify Account Managers for continued post-sales customer engagement and growth
- Be the voice of the customer and communicate their needs and feedback to Product management, Product marketing, Support and the Engineering teams
- Build content to share with customers and the Netlify community in the form of demos, blog posts, webinars, and industry events
What You’ll bring:
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience selling developer platform oriented products
- Current hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Serverless technologies (Headless CMS, Search, Authentication, Payments) and building with APIs (GraphQL, REST)
- Git based CI/CD workflows
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Cloudflare)
- Familiarity with Jamstack and Netlify is a plus
- Creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.