Over one million businesses and developers are on Netlify, and our pace of growth is accelerating! We’re helping enterprises across the globe develop more effectively, run better web sites, and realize significant savings over traditional web architectures.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date.
About the team
Netlify’s sales and business development teams fuel our top line by working closely with customers and partners across the globe, helping them understand the value of Netlify’s platform for their businesses.
About the role
We are seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team as we build and define our customer journey. Your main focus will be partnering with prospective customers to help them understand Netlify's value, and generate new opportunities that add revenue pipeline for the sales organization.
As a BDR you’ll be developing your core sales skills while working cross-functionally on projects that will contribute to the long-term success of the team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to gain exposure within a fast-growing business as you jumpstart your career.
Not sure if this is the right fit for you?
It can be a daunting task to decide whether or not to join a BDR team at a high-growth tech company — I know it was for me. As you are considering making your decision, I would be more than happy to talk in more detail on how I knew it was the right decision for me. Send me an email at devin [at] netlify.com, and we can set up some time to talk before you apply.
Some of the challenges you’ll be working on:
- You will help define the process, write the playbook, create the systems, and execute the top of the funnel processes for Netlify's inbound leads.
- You will help create and foster a consultative, customer-first BDR culture that embraces creating lasting relationships with customers.
- You will learn how to leverage and develop proficiency with sales tools (Salesforce, Salesloft, etc.) to manage sales process and set standards for performance metrics.
- You will collaborate with the sales team to ensure a smooth handoff of new opportunities.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Insatiable curiosity. Being a developer-oriented product means there is a lot of room to learn. You will have the opportunity to explore technical concepts and partner with customers to educate them on all things Netlify and JAMstack.
- A love of solving problems. You'll need to be comfortable digging through resources and interacting cross-functionally to help solve problems for customers and the broader team.
- Growth mindset. Things change fast when we are in high-growth mode, and there are learning opportunities all around you. Be ready to embrace an ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
What you’ll work on:
- Develop account plans for gaining and expanding business.
- Develop trust and credibility with executive and technical stakeholders at target companies.
- Drive team projects to further develop and refine our sales process and go-to-market strategy
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Learn about the business, how the developer tool ecosystem works, where we're headed, and what makes developers tick
- Get to know the money team and your marketing peers
- Wrap your head around ongoing mission critical initiatives that help differentiate Netlify as we refine our Go to Market strategy
- Learn about the tools, systems, and processes we use to engage with potential Netlify customers
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Be able to identify what signals indicate that a business can benefit from using Netlify
- Understand how to communicate with Engineering leaders to understand the problems their team faces, and how Netlify can help solve those problems
- Work with Account executives to refine discovery and presentation skills as we uncover prospects that are ready to engage with Netlify
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Understand our sales tech stack, workflows, and be able to diagnose areas of the workflow that could be easier
- Understand the different use cases customers come to us with, and better understand the Jamstack ecosystem
- Further develop presentation, sales conversation, and broader professional skills
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Operate as a leader/mentor for new hires on the team
- Own a project that will expose you to cross functional peers, and serves the purpose of up-leveling the BDR team. One of our core focuses is to leave the team better then when you joined!
- Understand the promotion pathway, and develop an action plan with your manager to take the next step in your career
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine), as well as, a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.