At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins and EQT Ventures, as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date.
The Netlify marketing team is on a mission to build a world-class brand and fuel the growth of our company. We communicate the business value and technical innovation of our platform through the stories of our customers and community. As a team we are responsible for corporate branding and communications, building the Jamstack category, generating enterprise sales pipeline, organizing and sponsoring events, and web design, strategy and development.
We are seeking a content marketer to own a critical piece of our enterprise go-to-market strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for owning our B2B marketing content development from start to finish. It’s a unique opportunity to make a big impact at a fast-growing software startup. You’ll have a high degree of autonomy and creative license to generate success for the team and business.
Your primary goal will be to drive broader adoption of Netlify and ultimately more enterprise sales opportunities through compelling content targeting web engineering leaders, digital agency leaders and decision-makers. To do this you will be taking a key role in developing and executing our B2B content strategy by owning that editorial calendar and pipeline, applying a consistent voice and message across our content, and writing and producing high-quality content. You’ll serve as writer, editor and content producer across a variety of mediums. This includes whitepapers or eBooks for demand generation campaigns, website and email copy, and case studies, blog posts and byline articles for external publications. You’re proactive and you’ll develop ideas for new content based on insights and data from our demand gen, sales and product teams, as well as industry trends.
In this role, you’ll define the content and editorial strategy and goals with the Director of Communications and VP of Marketing and Communication. You’ll coordinate the content calendar to ensure thoughtful coordination of communications from various departments, incorporating consistent themes that support Netlify’s strategic plans and priorities. You’ll also align closely with the demand generation campaigns team, as well as SEO, product marketing and developer experience teams to get their input as you develop the editorial calendar. You’re developing content that drives awareness of Netlify’s mission, vision and solutions to enterprises and it should drive quality leads aligned with Netlify’s overall go-to-market strategy. As you write and launch content, you’ll work with other members of the Marketing team to develop creative launch assets.
Who we’re looking for
- 4+ years of work experience, preferably in the B2B software industry.
- A history of writing high-performing content for the technology industry as a marketer, journalist or other relevant fields.
- Demonstrated ability to research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various stakeholders. Excellent writing, editing, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Able to translate complex technical ideas into understandable concepts for any customer. Ability to create rough drafts of architecture diagrams a bonus.
- Able to align content with our current business goals to develop an editorial strategy, and manage an editorial calendar.
- Working knowledge of marketing and sales funnels, and developing content for key personas including engineering leaders is a plus.
- A data-driven content marketer who is continuously improving and refining strategy based on results and key inputs across the organization.
- A creative thinker with a high bar for quality, capable of bringing new and unique ideas to help Netlify stand out in the market.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a remote work environment, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to work effectively with colleagues, solve problems and represent Netlify in front of external audiences.
- A clear understanding of and adherence to writing style guides.
- Experience at a high-growth tech startup is a plus. Flexibility and comfort with change is important—we’re still growing quickly, so there are many opportunities to make an impact!
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Learn about Netlify, including the technology platform, enterprise funnel, customer stories, and key value propositions.
- Onboard and get acquainted with our content management system.
- Take over the execution of marketing content already planned or in-flight.
- Gain an understanding of the current marketing content strategy, and what we’ve done in the past.
- Start building relationships with the teams you’ll be working with on a regular basis.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Help optimize and start executing the 2021 editorial calendar.
- Deliver several pieces of content that have made a significant impact on the enterprise pipeline.
- Create a reporting framework and strategy to communicate impact and results to the greater organization.
- Have developed a solid understanding of Netlify’s business and growth strategy.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Drive content strategy and planning, writing, and executing on new ideas in lockstep with the marketing organization.
- Contribute to our content strategy and pipeline numbers in significant and meaningful ways.
- Adjust and refine our content strategy based on initial results and learnings.
- At Netlify, we are a growing company that is constantly evolving so the timeline is intended to show you what you can expect from the role. Keep in mind we're always iterating, learning, and growing thus expect these guidelines to continue to evolve as we expand. We're excited for you to join us on the journey!
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history and skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We would like to see some of your work, so please include a writing sample or a link to content you have created. Lastly, a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and at Netlify would be great, though not required and will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.