At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
The Netlify marketing team is on a mission to build a world-class brand and fuel the growth of our company. We communicate the business value and technical innovation of our platform through the stories of our customers and community. As a team, we are responsible for corporate branding & communications, building the Jamstack category, generating enterprise sales pipeline, organizing and sponsoring events, and web design, strategy & development.
We are seeking a strategic and experienced Brand Design Director to define Netlify’s visual brand identity and lead the marketing design function. In this role, you will be responsible for executing against strategic marketing initiatives while building and evolving the brand. It’s a unique opportunity to establish the visual identity for a company with all of the ingredients to build an exceptional brand—a disruptive product, adored by users, an inclusive and capable team, an appetite to swing big, with buy-in and support from executive leadership.
About the role:
Your mission is to create and implement a world-class brand built to scale across a variety of channels and marketing initiatives. To do that, you will forge a deep understanding of our customers to inform brand positioning, including what differentiates Netlify. You will collaborate closely with product design leadership to build cohesive, research-driven user experiences. You will produce and uphold a high bar for quality design work, prioritizing accessibility, usability, and performance, in alignment with our values.
You will be a creative business partner, seeking input and buy-in directly from the executive leadership team and key stakeholders across the company. You will lead a team of creatives, both internally and externally, and also contribute directly to the product. The goal will be to enable team members, partners and the community with an eye toward building systems that scale.
There's plenty to do, so as an early member of the marketing team, you should be ready and willing to roll up your sleeves, knowing you are joining the organization at a time when you will make an outsized impact on the brand and culture.
Who we're looking for
- 10+ years creative design experience within the technology space with a portfolio demonstrating visual design and branding sensitivities across a range of high impact initiatives, as well as proficiency in end-to-end, customer-focused design processes.
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of brand ethos, including identity, typography, iconography, illustration, visual language and messaging.
- Significant experience defining, implementing and growing brand design systems and processes that scale to support the internal and external creative teams.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, ability to get buy-in and support from the broader company, as well as directly from the executive leadership team.
- Capable, thoughtful, and persuasive communicator, and a strong advocate for our brand across the organization and externally.
- Strong understanding and awareness of design trends, brand standards and processes, including best practices for accessibility and UX.
- Ability to translate business goals into effective brand campaigns that capture our spirit and supports strategic initiatives
- Proclivity for experimentation, iteration and a fast-moving team and culture.
- Experience partnering with research teams to make data-driven decisions.
- Established network of trusted external design partners, both agencies and individuals, that we could tap to scale our output.
- Experience building and leading teams through organizational growth, supporting and nurturing extraordinary creative talent to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to recruit, hire and support extraordinary creative talent as we grow the team.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.