At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
About our frontend roles:
Our frontend team is growing! We are looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer (at Netlify a Staff Engineer is a level above Senior Engineer).
As Staff Frontend Engineer you will:
- Use your appreciation for semantic HTML & accessibility, and keep these at the forefront of their mind while developing new UIs
- Take the lead & assist implementing design systems
- Use Git-centric workflow with continuous deployment and solid tooling
- Be unafraid of digging into new tools, frameworks, and platforms
- Thrive in an environment where experimentation and failure are celebrated
- Advocate for improvements to the product quality, security and performance.
- Represent the team and be a significant influence in the overall vision and long term goals for the team and product.
- Be a partner to our engineering manager and especially on advocating and identifying technical debt or impediments that slow down the team's ability to deliver code to production.
- Be able to ship large features and improvements with minimal guidance or support from other team members.
Technologies you'll be exposed to at Netlify:
- React, with a mix of legacy class components and hooks
- Redux, following a container component pattern
- PostCSS with a bit of BEM, and a taste of Tailwind
- Cypress, Jest, and React Testing Library
- Webpack, Babel, & friends
- Git and GitHub
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience delivering product features in a startup environment
- Are invested in delivering a high quality experience to the end user while maintaining a healthy codebase
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise, working in distributed locations.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.