We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $97M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~48% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
About the role:
As a senior software engineer working on data pipelines at Netlify, your contributions will have a huge impact to our burgeoning data infra efforts. You’ll design and build pipelines that will support critical functions like billing, help enable user-facing features, and empower our coworkers to experiment with and develop on top of our data.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Help to evolve and scale our data engineering platform, with an eye on future fit and growth.
- Work closely with the data science and engineering teams, as well as other stakeholders from our finance, sales, marketing, and product teams, to understand the data needs of the business and produce processes that enable a better product and support growth decision-making.
- Assist in developing a framework to automate ingestion and integration of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Develop a data retention strategy for different pipelines/sources and automate the implementation of it.
We're looking for someone who has experience with:
- Several years of hands-on experience building robust and scalable pipelines
- Designing efficient and maintainable schemas
- Using python, sql, and spark for ETL tasks and building pipelines
- Use of CI/CD in a data engineering/ops setting
- RESTful API development
- Data infrastructure tools and systems like Airflow, Apache Beam, Kafka, or Spark
- Integrating with common data stores and data warehouses (e.g. MySQL, Mongo, Redshift, BigQuery)
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.) Please note unfortunately at this time Netlify is unable to provide sponsorship for this role.
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.