At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower web developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 800,000 developers worldwide.
We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $98M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack, and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~48% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a technical Product Marketing Manager to drive Netlify’s product story and help developers and businesses understand the value of Netlify products. You’ll do this by delivering the right content at each stage of the customer’s adoption journey, by equipping sales with the right stories and talking points, and by evolving the product brand through launches.
Product marketing is a highly strategic function at Netlify, where you’ll collaborate on go-to-market across Product, Sales, and Marketing. You’ll track success against shared goals, report on progress and learnings along the way, and constantly look for creative ways to improve. You thrive in a small, nimble environment and have a quick start mentality — able to get to MVP fast and adapt to changes with ease.
You’re a product marketer who has a passion for understanding how and why customers use a product. As a natural storyteller, you can easily translate that knowledge into compelling positioning and content. You’re comfortable designing big bold product launches and then leading the entire company to execute against a plan. As a skilled writer, you’re obsessed with creating content that breaks through the noise and simplifies technical complexity.
About the Position
Here are some of the things you'll get to work on and learn about as part of this job:
- Product positioning - Spend time with customers so that you can craft the best positioning for Netlify’s products. Know their business, jobs to be done, software development stack, and workflows. Empathize with the problems they experience and what motivates them. Then teach this to the rest of Netlify and use it to inform your positioning.
- Content strategy and creation - Learn how Netlify customers adopt the platform, identify where content is needed to help them move faster, and then produce that content. Work with the rest of the sales and marketing teams to maximize distribution of this content through appropriate channels and measure results.
- Product launches - Launch products and features to market. Work with product, sales, and marketing to develop a strategy, align the company on a plan, and then take the reins and manage the entire effort.
- Sales enablement - Work with sales managers to develop and execute an enablement plan. Then build the pitch decks, product training, and customer-facing content that sales needs to educate our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have a couple years or more of product marketing experience under your belt
- You have a background in development— maybe it was a 15-week software engineering bootcamp, or you picked up coding for fun on weekends, or you have a CS degree.
- You enjoy writing and can point to some work you’re proud of.
- You're a natural storyteller and an excellent communicator who easily explains complex technical concepts with examples, analogies, and stories.
- You're a detail-oriented project manager that not only builds the strategy for projects such as product launches and content initiatives, but also works across the organization to get it done.
We aren’t stuck on hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes of a great product marketer.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.