At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 1,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of more than a fourth as many nationalities as we are team members.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GitHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $108M to date.
About the team:
The strategic finance team at Netlify is responsible for helping facilitate the long term execution of Netlify’s strategy by developing financial and operational plans. The team also plays an important role supporting key strategic initiatives, generating insights into business performance and providing Netlify’s leadership team with effective decision-making support.
About the opportunity
Netlify is looking for a Strategic Finance Manager to help build the financial & operating model for Netlify as it scales. This role will play a critical role in managing the core 3-statement operating model for Netlify and driving analysis to understand the key drivers for the business.
This will be a very cross-functional working across departments (Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering) to develop models to forecast all elements of the P&L and B/S.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable thinking in front of senior leadership.
- Manage our corporate model to maintain an accurate forecast and inform strategic decisions across the business
- Develop models and analysis to calculate capital efficiency & unit economics
- Apply long-term corporate goals to complex decisions across the organization
- Compile and present recommendations to senior management
- Provide support for Board of Director meetings
- Own Gross Margin model and work closely with VP engineering to identify key drivers
- Drive pricing decisions by conducting thoughtful and insightful analysis
We are looking for someone who:
- 6+ years of experience with a mix of investment banking, PE/VC, consulting and FP&A experience - preferably at a B2B/SaaS company
- Corporate finance experience is a plus
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical & modeling skills
- SQL experience or high willingness to learn
- Ability to distill key concepts and be articulate in presentation
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Have a clear understanding of the drivers of the business
- Be comfortable with the entire financial software stack at Netlify
- An understanding of the data layer at Netlify and how it powers decision making
- Start developing key relationships with key leaders in the business
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- A firm grasp on the operating model for Netlify and ability to quickly make and maintain scenarios
- Increased familiarity with Netlify’s data layer and how to articulate data requests to support decision making
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Independently produce high quality reports for Netlify’s leadership and Board of Directors identifying drivers of performance
- Develop and maintain a COGS model for Netlify
- Develop a detailed Unit Economics model and work with senior leaders to help them understand drivers of efficiency
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Have a deep and cross-functional understanding of Netlify’s business model
- Proactively surface insights and opportunities for growth at Netlify
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.