At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower web developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 800,000 developers worldwide.
We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $97M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~43% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
What is my role?
Netlify is looking for a Strategic Finance Manager to help build the financial & operating model for Netlify as it scales. This role will play a critical role in managing the core 3-statement operating model for Netlify and driving analysis to understand the key drivers for the business.
This will be a very cross-functional working across departments (Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering) to develop models to forecast all elements of the P&L and B/S.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable thinking in front of senior leadership.
- Manage our corporate model to maintain an accurate forecast and inform strategic decisions across existing and new markets
- Develop models and analysis to calculate capital efficiency & unit economics
- Apply long-term corporate goals to complex decisions across the organization
- Compile and present recommendations to senior management
- Provide support for Board of Director meetings
- Own Gross Margin model and work closely with VP engineering to identify key drivers
- Drive pricing decisions by conducting thoughtful and insightful analysis
What are the requirements?
- 6+ years of experience with a mix of investment banking, PE/VC, consulting and startup experience
- Corporate finance experience is a plus
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical & modeling skills
- SQL experience or high willingness to learn
- Ability to distill key concepts and be articulate in presentation
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, about half of our 95+ member team works remotely.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.