At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development.The mission of our platform engineers is to scale Netlify’s microservices infrastructure for the next million users.We’re a venture-backed company, and so far we've raised ~$45M from Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, Bloomberg, and prominent founders and professionals in our space.
About the Position
We're looking for an infrastructure data analyst to join our infrastructure department and focus on insuring we have good visibility into our infrastructure cost as well as build the models to forecast our financials of our infra operations and guide our resources utilization with cost optimization in mind.
- You will need to develop resources for utilization and forecasting to help us meet our business objectives.
- You will be a driving force within our team to drive cost reduction in a data driven way.
- You will need to collaborate with our Finance, Legal and vendors to help manage infrastructure related contracts.
- You will manage our service level framework (SLIs, SLOs, SLAs) to meet the business objectives.
- You will manage the infrastructure team dashboard and work with the leadership team to iterate through our measures and goals.
We have a main office in San Francisco, but we have a team spread all over the world, so remote applicants are welcome.
- Experience in an analyst role preferably working closely with an infrastructure team
- Experience building dashboards and defining KPIs
- Experience with a variety of data sources.
- Technical experience working with SQL, Python, API calls, and JSON, to generate business insights and drive better organizational decision making
- Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Values collaboration and working alongside different stakeholders of the business
- Ability to work across multiple timezones with remote colleagues
- A desire to succeed personally through the health and success of the team
About the team
The underlying infrastructure is instrumental in the success of Netlify and provides a variety of complex and interesting challenges. Our infrastructure team is comprised of a blend of developers and SREs collaborating to keep the system running, scaling to handle the rapid growth, and improve reliability. The team has to balance new feature development with concerns around fault tolerance, availability, and throughput.
The company is remote friendly and the teams are distributed across the globe, largely in western Europe and North America. Often coordination will have to take into account lag, timezones, and autonomy.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know. To learn more about our team and who we are click here.
About 63% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco. However to maintain a distributed culture we have Tuesdays and Thursdays as work from home days.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and equity. We encourage you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.