Over 600,000 businesses and developers have adopted Netlify, and that number is growing by over 30,000 each month! We're looking for motivated individuals who want to shape our next phase of growth and help businesses around the world build a better web.
We’re a venture-backed company, and so far we've raised ~$45M from Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, Bloomberg, and prominent founders and professionals in our space.
About the role
Netlify Solution Engineers have a passion for helping customers design, prototype, and build modern web projects. This is an opportunity to provide technical expertise and guide the adoption of Netlify with some of the fastest growing businesses and enterprises in the world. You will partner with and report to the Chief Revenue Officer. Some of the challenges you’ll be tackling day-to-day:
- Build a deep technical understanding of customers looking to move to Netlify - guiding them through best practices of architecting, deploying, and hosting on Netlify.
- Craft and present product demos to help showcase what Netlify can do, while assisting customers with pilot and proof of concept implementations.
- Partner with Netlify Account Executives through the pre-sales process, creating joint plans for customer success.
You have the following set of experiences and skills:
- 5+ years of pre-sales engineering or consulting experience with web applications or highly technical cloud platforms.
- Proficient understanding of modern web development and technologies, including
- Cloud Infrastructure Platform - i.e. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Cloud API Platforms - i.e. Sendgrid, Stripe, Twilio
- Can whiteboard technical concepts, architectural workflows, and product capabilities.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
About the team
The Netlify team is small but mighty; We are a fast-growing startup. You will be working team members across the company. We need people who can help us build a path towards the future. To learn more about our team and who we are click here.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.
Our main office is located in the Dogpatch district in San Francisco, CA, and about 50% of us work remotely, in locations across the US and globally. We are very intentional about including remote employees in all important conversations. Employees in the San Francisco area work from home two days per week.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and equity. We encourage (but don’t require) you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have a unique background? Please don’t self-select out, apply anyway! With your application, please include:
- A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you enjoy doing what you do and why you’d like to work at Netlify.
- A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.