At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower web developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 700,000 developers worldwide.
We’re a venture-backed company, and so far we've raised about $45 million from Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Bloomberg, and prominent founders and professionals in our space.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
About the role
Netlify Solution Engineers have a passion for helping customers design, prototype, and build modern web projects. This is an opportunity to provide technical expertise and guide the adoption of Netlify with some of the fastest growing businesses and enterprises in the world. You will partner with and report to the Chief Revenue Officer. Some of the challenges you’ll be tackling day-to-day:
- Build a deep technical understanding of customers looking to move to Netlify - guiding them through best practices of architecting, deploying, and hosting on Netlify.
- Craft and present product demos to help showcase what Netlify can do, while assisting customers with pilot and proof of concept implementations.
- Partner with Netlify Account Executives through the pre-sales process, creating joint plans for customer success.
You have the following set of experiences and skills:
- 5+ years of pre-sales engineering or consulting experience with web applications or highly technical cloud platforms.
- Proficient understanding of modern web development and technologies, including
- Cloud Infrastructure Platform - i.e. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Cloud API Platforms - i.e. Sendgrid, Stripe, Twilio
- Can whiteboard technical concepts, architectural workflows, and product capabilities.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have a unique background? Please don’t self-select out, apply anyway! With your application, please include:
- A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you enjoy doing what you do and why you’d like to work at Netlify.
- A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.