At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development.
As a Billing Engineer you’ll help build products that give our customers a seamless billing experience. Some of the things you’ll do is:
- Integrate with Zuora’s billing system
- Architect real time metered billing into Netlify
- Decide on what parts of the billing system require custom solutions - build vs. buy
- Collaborate across our product engineering team to design and build a beautiful billing UX for our customers
- Work on the core Ruby API
- Work on the Go micro services
- Own features from code to production to monitoring
- Design services for better observability, availability, and fault tolerance
- Work with support to address frequent customer issues
- Work cross-functionally to scope, design, and implement services with a focus on our billing systems
About the team
The engineering team is small but mighty; Netlify is a fast-growing startup. You will be working across the company: with our founders, designers, support, sales, and marketers. We need people who can help us build a path towards the future. To learn more about our team and who we are click here.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.