Netlify is changing the way people build web projects, and people seem to like it! We are a growing team of talented, thoughtful, and diverse people rapidly shipping features to our customers.
Our Headquarters is in San Francisco, but over half of our team works remotely all around the world. We are growing. We recently announced our $30M Series B funding round led by Kleiner Perkins’ Mamoon Hamid with Andreessen Horowitz and the founders of Slack, Yelp, GitHub, and Figma participating.
We have been building Netlify since 2015. About half of our 50+ member team works remotely, and we are serving over 550,000 developers who use Netlify around the globe.
What is my role?
Netlify is looking to hire an experienced Manager / Senior Manager of Accounting to help build a world-class finance & accounting team. This will be a foundational role that will help the company scale efficiently.
- Own daily general ledger operations (A/R, A/P, Payroll, etc.)
- Review payroll reconciliations, expense accruals, deferred rent, and other accounts as part of month-end close
- Work closely with the Head of Finance in managing month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes
- Implement process efficiencies to reduce the time to close and own flux presentations to budget owners
- Partner cross-functionally in order to make improvements across all accounting process (automating reconciliations, report preparation, and reviewing accounting transactions)
- Own administration of financial operations software (Airbase, TripActions, Expensify, QuickBooks, Braintree, etc.) and spearhead future implementations of software as the company scales
What are the requirements?
- 4-year degree in Accounting/Finance required, CPA preferred
- 5+ years work experience. Ideally a mix of operational experience at startups and Big Four accounting firms
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines
- Accounting research and problem solving skills required
- Highly detail oriented and ability to multitask is a valuable asset
- Deep understanding of GAAP and how to apply accounting rules across various processes and systems
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Significant experience in Microsoft and Google applications. Nice to have: experience in both QuickBooks and Netsuite.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams to drive outcomes
About the team
The Netlify team is small but mighty; We are a fast-growing startup. You will be working team members across the company. We need people who can help us build a path towards the future. To more about our team and who we are click here.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.