What is my role?
- Rethink existing pages and design new pages for our marketing site (netlify.com).
- Shape and guide our brand across web and print channels, and assisting in developing the Netlify Marketing Design System.
- Design fun promotional items like Netlify shirts and stickers for our enthusiastic users and fans (and for ourselves)!
- Help grow and redesign some of our other brand properties like JAMstack.org, our JAMstack meetups all around the world, and a lot more…
- Collaborate closely with other departments, especially members of our world class product design team.
- Influence Netlify's Design Team by contributing to our team processes, documentation, and design systems. ✨
What are the requirements?
- Experience producing high-quality websites in a team design environment for marketing software products.
- Can craft stunning design compositions; ability to turn wireframes into high fidelity designs.
- Effectively combine messaging, layout design, and illustration to communicate a compelling visual story.
- Work well in a sprint-based environment, shipping with an iterative mindset, balancing projects and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and clearly communicate your ideas across the team.
- Have a healthy relationship with feedback, and you know how to effectively elicit it from a design review session.
- Have at least a basic understanding of how modern web technologies work and are used by our customers.
- Pay attention to detail, and you will add your favorite emoji in the first name input field when applying.
- If remote, can work hours that at least overlap for a portion of your day with The Pacific Time Zone.
How can I really impress you?
- Have done product marketing design for developer tooling software.
- Have used and contributed to visual design systems.
- Have worked in a Sketch + Abstract based workflow.
- Knowledge of CSS/html; ability to build functional prototypes of your work in code.
- Are comfortable working in a GitHub based collaboration workflow.
What is Netlify all about?
About the team
The Netlify team is small but mighty; We are a fast-growing startup. You will be working team members across the company. We need people who can help us build a path towards the future. To more about our team and who we are click here.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.