Netlify enables web developers to build a much more performant, secure and scalable web. Launching in only 2015, Netlify is already seeing mass developer and enterprise adoption. In the last 8 weeks we’ve on boarded more than 70,000 business and developers. We’re changing the landscape of modern web development, and to do so we have a stellar team. About half of our 40+ member team works remotely and we are serving over 500,000 developers who use Netlify around the globe. Now is the time to really grow that team out, and for that we are currently looking for our first Recruiter to partner with the leadership team to create an exceptional internal and external hiring experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for developing and refining our recruiting strategies as the first member of the recruiting team. This includes employment branding, talent pipeline development, and candidate experience, as well as metrics and analytics. You are excited about rolling up your sleeves, building and growing the function, thinking through best practices, and developing the strategy, mindset, and skills within the organization. In the role, you will partner closely with the leadership team to develop scalable solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Be a Strategic Partner: Drive full cycle recruitment process partnering with hiring managers to define recruiting strategies to attract and hire top talent. Including identifying capability and knowledge requirements, sourcing a diverse slate of candidates, establishing valid candidate assessment processes, coordinating interview scheduling, and facilitating the offer process
- Build Talent Pipeline: Assess our current hiring plan to design and proactively build a diverse talent pipeline across all regions and practices, including from non-traditional and diverse sources. Represent Netlify at industry events and be an advocate of Netlify’s culture and values
- Craft Talent Brand: Collaborate with the Marketing team to integrate our brand propositioning into recruiting practices that build global employer brand awareness and create an employer value proposition (EVP)
- Design Exceptional Candidate Experience: Applying your knowledge and background to create remarkable hiring experience for both candidates and our hiring teams through the refinement of our internal processes and systems
What we’re looking for
- 6+ yrs recruiting experience, with time spent driving engineering and sales hiring in a high growth environment
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Proven track record sourcing and hiring passive candidates from top companies. You do not rely on inbound applicants or third-party agencies; you are dedicated to building pipelines of the highest possible quality candidates
- Experience partnering and influencing Leadership and Hiring Managers throughout the recruiting cycle.
- You use data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, and support sound decision making
- Success designing and implementing innovative approaches to sourcing, recruitment, and talent development
- Understand the value and prioritization of diversity initiatives in hiring practices
- Experience working at a fast-paced, tech startup undergoing rapid change and growth
- Prior experience with Greenhouse is a plus
ABOUT THE TEAM
Three years ago we were two people. Today we are 40+ people, are growing fast, and have onboarded several hundred thousand customers. We're serving dozens of large open source projects, and are active participants ourselves in the open source community and in the larger tech community — for example, speaking at and sponsoring conferences.
Though our team is growing fast, we’ve stayed tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, and we strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To get a sense of the new employee experience, check out this Medium post from one of our engineers, Luna Yu.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to support your growth(impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Our main office is located in the Dogpatch district in San Francisco, CA, and about 50% of us work remotely, across the US and Globally. Employees in the San Francisco area work from home two days per week. This role is strongly desired to be out of the SF main office
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and equity. We encourage you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you enjoy recruiting and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.