At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower web developers and businesses to build better, faster, and more secure web applications than ever before. We’re looking for Business Development Representatives who are excited about engaging prospects and starting a consultative sales process with a passionate and technically savvy prospective client base.
About the role
Every month we see over 30,000 new businesses and developers begin their journey on Netlify. We are seeking a BDR to join our sales team as we build and define our customer journey. Your main focus will be partnering with prospective customers to help them understand Netlify's value, and generate new opportunities that add revenue pipeline for the sales organization.
As a BDR you’ll be developing your core sales skills while working cross-functionally on projects that will contribute to the long-term success of the team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to gain exposure within a fast-growing business as you jumpstart your career.
Not sure if this is the right fit for you?
It can be a daunting task to decide whether or not to join a BDR team at a high-growth tech company — I know it was for me. As you are considering making your decision, I would be more than happy to talk in more detail on how I knew it was the right decision for me. Send me an email at devin [at] netlify.com, and we can set up some time to talk before you apply.
Some of the challenges you’ll be working on:
- You will help define the process, write the playbook, create the systems, and execute the top of the funnel processes for Netlify's inbound leads.
- You will help create and foster a consultative, customer-first BDR culture that embraces creating lasting relationships with customers.
- You will learn how to leverage and develop proficiency with sales tools (Salesforce, Salesloft, etc.) to manage sales process and set standards for performance metrics.
- You will collaborate with the sales team to ensure a smooth handoff of new opportunities.
What we are looking for?
- Insatiable curiosity. Being a developer-oriented product means there is a lot of room to learn. You will have the opportunity to explore technical concepts and partner with customers to educate them on all things Netlify and JAMstack.
- A love of solving problems. You'll need to be comfortable digging through resources and interacting cross-functionally to help solve problems for customers and the broader team.
- Growth mindset. Things change fast when we are in high-growth mode, and there are learning opportunities all around you. Be ready to embrace an ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Three years ago we were two people. Today we are over 40+ people, are growing fast, and have onboarded several hundred thousand customers. We're serving dozens of large open source projects, and are active participants in both the open source and in the larger tech community — for example, organizing and sponsoring conferences ourselves, as well as supporting our employees who contribute to public discussion by speaking and blogging. We are excited about our trajectory, and couldn’t have done it without utilizing the strengths of a globally distributed team from diverse backgrounds. Our team is growing fast, but we’ve prioritized staying tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To get a sense of the new employee experience, check out this Medium post from one of our engineers, Luna Yu.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools to succeed and looking to you to help us recognize where we can do even better, not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating. We want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to support your growth (impostor syndrome is also real).
Our main office is located in the Dogpatch district in San Francisco, CA, and about 50% of us work remotely, in locations across the US and globally. We are very intentional about including remote employees in all important conversations. Employees in the San Francisco area work from home two days per week.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and equity. We encourage (but don’t require) you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have a unique background? Please don’t self-select out, apply anyway! With your application, please include:
- A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you enjoy doing what you do and why you’d like to work at Netlify.
- A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is invested in building an inclusive team of people with diverse backgrounds, views, and identities. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. We regularly audit our hiring goals and internal processes in order to ensure we are hiring equitably. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.