At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower web developers and businesses to build better, faster, and more secure web applications than ever before. Over 400,000 businesses and developers have already embraced Netlify as the modern web development platform for building, deploying, and hosting their modern web projects. Currently, we’re looking for Mid-Market Account Executives who are excited about driving a consultative sales process with a passionate and technically savvy prospective client base.
What you’ll work on:
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for middle-market companies.
- Develop account plans for gaining and expanding business.
- Develop trust and relationships with executive and technical stakeholders.
- Drive team projects to further develop and refine our sales process and go-to-market strategy
To be effective in this role, you’ll have:
- 2+ years of mid-market sales experience, ideally with a highly technical cloud service.
- Ability to ask probing questions, surfacing complex technical requirements, and craft holistic solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple stakeholders with different priorities.
- Successful experience writing, speaking, presentation to stakeholders.
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- You have a strong interest in modern web technologies.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Three years ago we were two people. Today we are over 40+ people, are growing fast, and have onboarded several hundred thousand customers. We're serving dozens of large open source projects, and are active participants in both the open source and in the larger tech community — for example, organizing and sponsoring conferences ourselves, as well as supporting our employees who contribute to public discussion by speaking and blogging. We are excited about our trajectory, and couldn’t have done it without utilizing the strengths of a globally distributed team from diverse backgrounds. Our team is growing fast, but we’ve prioritized staying tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To get a sense of the new employee experience, check out this Medium post from one of our engineers, Luna Yu.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools to succeed and looking to you to help us recognize where we can do even better, not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating. We want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to support your growth (impostor syndrome is also real).
This is Bay Area based position. Our main office is located in the Dogpatch district in San Francisco, CA, and about 50% of us work remotely, in locations across the US and globally. We are very intentional about including remote employees in all important conversations. Employees in the San Francisco area work from home two days per week.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and equity. We encourage (but don’t require) you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have a unique background? Please don’t self select out, apply anyway! With your application, please include:
- A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you enjoy doing what you do and why you’d like to work at Netlify.
- A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is invested in building an inclusive team of people with diverse backgrounds, views, and identities. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. We regularly audit our hiring goals and internal processes in order to ensure we are hiring equitably. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.