Netlify is aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Currently Product Engineer to help us with that mission. We are a growing team of passionate, empathetic and diverse people rapidly shipping features to the more than 500,000 businesses and developers using Netlify around the globe.
If you are someone who enjoys helping people succeed with technology, aren’t afraid to help improve our practices and our product, and are an effective and enthusiastic self-directed learner, read on.
We are based in San Francisco, but over half of our team works remotely all around the world.
You will be helping developers to be successful using Netlify from any development environment. DX Engineers enjoy helping and teaching developers, as well as building the tools that our customers use in their day to day.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Design and implement new features in our CLI, Netlify DEV and other tools.
- Help grow the usage of Netlify tools in development environments.
- Shape and help define what is Netlify's Product Team by contributing to our team processes, documentation, and product launches. ✨
What are the requirements?
Here's what we need to see from you:
- You have a good sense of what makes a good product and developer experience.
- You have experience working in Open Source projects and interacting with a community of developers.
- Have strong written communication skills and are able to clearly communicate your intentions and present your ideas.
- Have a healthy relationship with feedback, and you know how to effectively elicit it from a design review session.
- Have at least a basic understanding of how modern web technologies work and how our customers use them.
- Observe trends in the developer ecosystem and care about where the industry is headed.
- Lead by example, seek to understand through active listening and questioning, actively address problems you identify, and assume responsibility for your work.
How can I really impress you?
Bonus points if you:
- Get excited about web development and are opinionated about front-end technologies.
- Are comfortable working in a GitHub based collaboration workflow.
- Are familiar with static build systems like Gatsby or Hugo, or front-end build tools like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, etc.
As part of the interview process, be prepared to talk about previous projects you were responsible for. We will be particularly interested to see how you approach problem-solving, decision-making, and development process to understand how you arrived at your decisions.
We can't wait to meet you! 🎉
Netlify is a platform for developers to build, deploy, and manage modern web projects. Basically, it's an easy to use backend for your static website.
We aim to perfect a unified platform that automates code; creating highly-performant sites and web-apps. Users should be able to simply push their code and let us take care of the rest.
We have been building Netlify since 2015. About half of our 40+ member team works remotely, and we are serving over 500,000 developers who use Netlify around the globe.
Netlify is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.