At Netlify, we’re passionate about dramatically improving the landscape of modern web development. 400,000+ businesses and developers are already using Netlify to build, deploy, and host their modern websites and web apps. If you’re passionate about working with a team that impacts millions of web applications globally, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Netlify Solution Engineers have a passion for helping customers design, prototype, and build modern web projects. This is an opportunity to provide technical expertise and guide the adoption of Netlify with some of the fastest growing businesses and enterprises in the world. You will partner with and report to the Chief Revenue Officer. Some of the challenges you’ll be tackling day-to-day:
- Build a deep technical understanding of customers looking to move to Netlify - guiding them through best practices of architecting, deploying, and hosting on Netlify.
- Craft and present product demos to help showcase what Netlify can do, while assisting customers with pilot and proof of concept implementations.
- Partner with Netlify Account Executives through the pre-sales process, creating joint plans for customer success.
You have the following set of experiences and skills:
- 5+ years of pre-sales engineering or consulting experience with web applications or highly technical cloud platforms.
- Proficient understanding of modern web development and technologies, including
- Cloud Infrastructure Platform - i.e. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Cloud API Platforms - i.e. Sendgrid, Stripe, Twilio
- Can whiteboard technical concepts, architectural workflows, and product capabilities.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Three years ago we were two people. Today we're 45 people, are growing fast, and have onboarded several hundred thousand businesses, developers, enterprises, government agencies, and open source projects. We're a venture-backed startup, having raised $45M to date, with A16Z leading our Series A, and Kleiner Perkins leading our Series B.
Though we're growing fast, we’ve stayed tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, and we aim to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll give you the tools to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll work together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to support your growth (impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Our main office is located in the Dogpatch district in San Francisco, CA, and about 50% of us work remotely, across the US and Globally. Employees in the San Francisco area work from home two days per week. You will work in San Francisco, CA.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
We offer a great compensation package, great benefits, and equity. We encourage you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.
With your application, please include: A thoughtful note explaining why Netlify is interesting to you, and why you’re passionate about the Solution Engineering role. For bonus points - please send the URL of an app you've built with Netlify.
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.