Netlify is looking for a dynamic and proactive Head of Strategic Finance and Business Operations to work in our corporate headquarters (SF, Dogpatch) reporting to our Chief Commercial Officer. Netlify is a highly entrepreneurial 40 person company and the leader selected for this new role is enabled to build the foundation of Strategic Finance and Business Operations. This leader will drive strategic financial analysis for all key initiatives, lead the reporting of key metrics (and how they impact P&L) and manage accounting. This role will be extremely cross-functional with deep collaboration with Platform Engineering, Product, Data Science, Marketing, Sales and Talent (to name a few) to deliver the strategic analysis to solve some our most challenging business problems. The role requires someone who is both highly analytical and strategic and approaches problems in a structured manner. As a leader, you are comfortable with ambiguity as you will often be working to complete projects and work streams that don't yet fit neatly into one functional organization of the company.
- Evaluate the financial impact of major strategic decisions across the company and turn those insights into actionable results
- Manage company operating model, lead budget setting process, and create KPI dashboards / reports to track company performance
- Work with executive team on future fundraising efforts and investor relations
- Lead negotiations with strategic infrastructure partners to ensure continual improvement for Netlify's P&L
- Partner with cross functional teams to manage all aspects of user, engagement and monetization forecasting
- Work with executive team on monetization strategy including the creation of new business lines
- Oversee accounting functions including conducting daily finance/accounting tasks, manage cash and risk, and preparation of financials for internal and external purposes
- Degree in Finance / Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional finance and accounting knowledge - spreadsheets excite, not scare you
- You thrive in SQL and are able to programmatically recreate your analysis in BI dashboards
- Experience in business development to strategically align key business partners
- 7+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, private equity, strategic finance, business operations, or other related fields
- Team management experience and aptitude to build a high powered team over time
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. You thrive in a fast-moving environment and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- An aptitude to work independently, without significant oversight or instruction, to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and to proactively solve problems with the appropriate level of urgency
- The ability to embrace change in circumstances (direction and strategy) while continuing to have professional and positive interactions
- Reputation for exercising sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Successful experience working in a team environment, building effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, accommodating work styles and perspectives of diverse individuals in all levels of the organization with integrity and consistency
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts.
About the team
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.